Bullnose Forums

What seat base is this?

CRittaler

Alright,

I had a chance to get out to my cramped garage to take some pictures. I hope the quality is sufficient, my phone camera is not great.

First up is the driver side. Both outer bolts for my bench lined up with this bracket.

Driver side rear outer bolt, same as factory bench.

Inner seat bracket. Measuring offset from seat belt hole.

Factory outer front location was used. Inner front location can also be seen.

Comparing offset from seat belt bolt to see roughly where the rear inner bolt would land.

Top down view of the driver side floor pan.

It's hard to see in the pictures, but there's a dimple near where the hole would be. There is no reinforcement under this location.

There's a dimple near the rear location too.

Passenger side. Only the outer front bolt hole lined up here.

There is quite a distance between the seat belt bolt and the rear bolt resting location. I can't get at this side of the floor pan from underneath, it looks like there's a bunch of heat shielding int the way.

The bracket for the passenger side follows the floor line nicely.

Passenger side floor pan, I tried to get the same perspective as Scott.

You can see the flat spot in the upper middle, that's roughly where the inner front bolt hole sat.

It's hard to see where the inner bolt would sit, i didn't notice any wrinkles or dimples.

If needed I have the full res photos. They're ~10MB each.

Good job Chris! Editing some photos now showing the underside of my 86 Supercab truck.

I took some measurements earlier today and while the parts trucks are filled with well, parts, from what I could tell the 83 Supercab with split bench has the same hole pattern as a full bench from an 85 F350 C&C (So regular cab). Could you flip your split bench over sometime and measure the dimensions between all the holes? I'll do the same with an 80 full bench (from an 80 F350 C&C) I have in my shop.

Good job Chris! Editing some photos now showing the underside of my 86 Supercab truck.

I took some measurements earlier today and while the parts trucks are filled with well, parts, from what I could tell the 83 Supercab with split bench has the same hole pattern as a full bench from an 85 F350 C&C (So regular cab). Could you flip your split bench over sometime and measure the dimensions between all the holes? I'll do the same with an 80 full bench (from an 80 F350 C&C) I have in my shop.

I'll do that as soon as I get home. It's already on its side in the garage, only way it would fit.

Alright,

I had a chance to get out to my cramped garage to take some pictures. I hope the quality is sufficient, my phone camera is not great.

First up is the driver side. Both outer bolts for my bench lined up with this bracket.

Driver side rear outer bolt, same as factory bench.

Inner seat bracket. Measuring offset from seat belt hole.

Factory outer front location was used. Inner front location can also be seen.

Comparing offset from seat belt bolt to see roughly where the rear inner bolt would land.

Top down view of the driver side floor pan.

It's hard to see in the pictures, but there's a dimple near where the hole would be. There is no reinforcement under this location.

There's a dimple near the rear location too.

Passenger side. Only the outer front bolt hole lined up here.

There is quite a distance between the seat belt bolt and the rear bolt resting location. I can't get at this side of the floor pan from underneath, it looks like there's a bunch of heat shielding int the way.

The bracket for the passenger side follows the floor line nicely.

Passenger side floor pan, I tried to get the same perspective as Scott.

You can see the flat spot in the upper middle, that's roughly where the inner front bolt hole sat.

It's hard to see where the inner bolt would sit, i didn't notice any wrinkles or dimples.

If needed I have the full res photos. They're ~10MB each.

Taken from underneath a 1986 F250 4wd Supercab with captain's chairs.

Arrows point toward front of truck.

Note: I installed nuts (blue loctite) and washers on all but the Passenger Rear Inner (limited access). This is not factory procedure and was done for no real reason. These are factory locations and the captive nuts are beneath the "extra" nuts.

Driver - Front Outer

Driver-FrontOuter-Arrow.thumb.jpg.bbf76d45b9cfe75ef0d20f62b1070f35.jpg

Driver - Front Inner

Driver-FrontInner-Arrow.thumb.jpg.fc47951e9cf14b4970fed1e273edc6b4.jpg

Driver - Rear Outer

Driver-RearOuter-Arrow.thumb.jpg.07944c352f74cbd78768391c853181c4.jpg

Driver - Rear Inner (seatbelt bolt is large beveled square nut)

Driver-RearInner-Arrow.thumb.jpg.25d1e1432ba086f0eb100224214f242d.jpg

Passenger - Both Front and Rear Outer

Pass-FrontAndRearOuter-Arrow.jpg.e026bba784b6a9a9a5b2cf63b635cedf.jpg

Passenger - Both Front Inner and Outer (Inner partially beneath heat shield)

Pass-FrontInnerAndOuter-Arrow.thumb.jpg.e35173cd8b10b796c7e39dd2351b41ac.jpg

Passenger - Both Rear Inner and Outer (Outer partially seen in top right. Inner beneath heat shield)

Pass-RearInnerAndOuter-Arrow.thumb.jpg.ff6f647b5c914c2c55e019234f5ee5a3.jpg

Passenger - Rear Outer (note unused "nut" to the rear)

Pass-RearOuter-Arrow.thumb.jpg.68fa0acaa69d116dbc51a078b2b9679d.jpg

Taken from underneath a 1986 F250 4wd Supercab with captain's chairs.

Arrows point toward front of truck.

Note: I installed nuts (blue loctite) and washers on all but the Passenger Rear Inner (limited access). This is not factory procedure and was done for no real reason. These are factory locations and the captive nuts are beneath the "extra" nuts.

Driver - Front Outer

Driver - Front Inner

Driver - Rear Outer

Driver - Rear Inner (seatbelt bolt is large beveled square nut)

Passenger - Both Front and Rear Outer

Passenger - Both Front Inner and Outer (Inner partially beneath heat shield)

Passenger - Both Rear Inner and Outer (Outer partially seen in top right. Inner beneath heat shield)

Passenger - Rear Outer (note unused "nut" to the rear)

Ok, I went back under the truck and too some pictures to mimic the ones Scott took.

Front Driver Outer. Looks like mine was tack welded at some point

IMG_20210116_200219_DRO2.png.14276d906805c58b5c5f0e580bea487b.png

Front Driver Inner. For me this is just a dimple with no reinforcement. The dimple isn't the exact hole location, but it's close.

IMG_20210116_200304_DRO3.png.6c7d6aa0048ae784703298e6cf34208e.png

Driver Rear Outer

IMG_20210116_200231_DRO2.png.8fdb19872813b1f503c7cb7cc3e430b4.png

Driver Rear Inner. Forgot to markup front is to the left.

IMG_20210116_200250_DRO.png.7b9091f8ec7a564c0109f7dae51f3a70.png

Passenger Front Outer

IMG_20210116_200519_DRO2.png.5e2e94928ad6fcaad187cbee32846410.png

Passenger Rear Outer. Looks like my bench is using the 'spare' nut on Scotts picture.

IMG_20210116_200333_DRO2.png.f40281b00cbd2ac0b6bed32aa16ea38e.png

Passenger Front Inner. Again, an unreinforced dimple.

IMG_20210116_200620_DRO2.png.fa67e1ef2c6ad1ee6973a438f8c33b6c.png

Passenger Rear Inner Very hard for me to get a shot of due to the heat shield.

IMG_20210116_200440_DRO.png.968643ed49c79194bf424ee687a47fb4.png

I also took some pictures of the bench itself.

IMG_20210116_201047_DRO.png.c5ca80fe005bdec64cf111b59726e15c.png

I tried to measure the bolt holes, front-rear was approx 15.5"

IMG_20210116_195742_DRO.png.ef61ceba7e13a4542c17ae816a9c8036.png

Rear left-right was approx 42 1/8"

IMG_20210116_200002_DRO.png.8f16fe705b7042a0723d3d86031f6b2e.png

Ok, I went back under the truck and too some pictures to mimic the ones Scott took.

Front Driver Outer. Looks like mine was tack welded at some point

Front Driver Inner. For me this is just a dimple with no reinforcement. The dimple isn't the exact hole location, but it's close.

Driver Rear Outer

Driver Rear Inner. Forgot to markup front is to the left.

Passenger Front Outer

Passenger Rear Outer. Looks like my bench is using the 'spare' nut on Scotts picture.

Passenger Front Inner. Again, an unreinforced dimple.

Passenger Rear Inner Very hard for me to get a shot of due to the heat shield.

I also took some pictures of the bench itself.

I tried to measure the bolt holes, front-rear was approx 15.5"

Rear left-right was approx 42 1/8"

Well done.

Not that's it's critical but I think the arrow on your Rear Driver Outer is pointing the wrong way.

I see that both Driver Outers are on the inside of that reinforcement strip whereas mine are on the outside. So even though the captain's chair fits in them they are technically too far in and might be why the dimples don't line up.

I didn't get to measure my 80 seat bottom this evening but your measurements are pretty much spot on with my measuring of the split and full benches still installed in the trucks.

I had front to back (bolt center to center) at 15.5" and longways (bolt center to center) at 42.25.

Makes sense that they'd be the same although it contradicts some of the posts I was reading last night. ?

We haven't check that the design is the same though even if the dimensions are. Perhaps there is a difference there.

I'll measure the 80 seat tomorrow afternoon.

Sorry, I know this doesn't help your plight at all. Just me getting caught up in it :nabble_smiley_beam:

Is there anything else I can get/measure for you? I don't know if the reinforcements could easily be popped off or not but I wouldn't be surprised if they could be since they are just there to spread the load.

Well done.

Not that's it's critical but I think the arrow on your Rear Driver Outer is pointing the wrong way.

I see that both Driver Outers are on the inside of that reinforcement strip whereas mine are on the outside. So even though the captain's chair fits in them they are technically too far in and might be why the dimples don't line up.

I didn't get to measure my 80 seat bottom this evening but your measurements are pretty much spot on with my measuring of the split and full benches still installed in the trucks.

I had front to back (bolt center to center) at 15.5" and longways (bolt center to center) at 42.25.

Makes sense that they'd be the same although it contradicts some of the posts I was reading last night. ?

We haven't check that the design is the same though even if the dimensions are. Perhaps there is a difference there.

I'll measure the 80 seat tomorrow afternoon.

Sorry, I know this doesn't help your plight at all. Just me getting caught up in it :nabble_smiley_beam:

Is there anything else I can get/measure for you? I don't know if the reinforcements could easily be popped off or not but I wouldn't be surprised if they could be since they are just there to spread the load.

It's entirely possible that I have that arrow wrong. I'll have another look tomorrow.

I noticed that the bench bolts were on the other side of the strip. I'll plop the driver seat in and line up the dimple to see where the others land.

I don't know how hard it would be, but if you could measure from the seat belt bolt to the driver side rear inner mount that would tell me how far out I am.

If the reinforcement is anything like the floor of my Samurai it's heat welded or spot welded in place so it may not just pop off. I don't know for certain though. I also noticed that the reinforcement that your seats have is different from mine, maybe a 2wd 4x4 difference?

It's entirely possible that I have that arrow wrong. I'll have another look tomorrow.

I noticed that the bench bolts were on the other side of the strip. I'll plop the driver seat in and line up the dimple to see where the others land.

I don't know how hard it would be, but if you could measure from the seat belt bolt to the driver side rear inner mount that would tell me how far out I am.

If the reinforcement is anything like the floor of my Samurai it's heat welded or spot welded in place so it may not just pop off. I don't know for certain though. I also noticed that the reinforcement that your seats have is different from mine, maybe a 2wd 4x4 difference?

You bet - I'll measure that tomorrow.

I was assuming they are spot welded and even if so, you're right that they may not come off easily without damage. Another member on here (salans7 iirc) is going to reinforce his floor but I can't recall if he has identified an approach yet. I feel like we discussed adding cut out pieces from another truck and using panel adhesive between them.

You bet - I'll measure that tomorrow.

I was assuming they are spot welded and even if so, you're right that they may not come off easily without damage. Another member on here (salans7 iirc) is going to reinforce his floor but I can't recall if he has identified an approach yet. I feel like we discussed adding cut out pieces from another truck and using panel adhesive between them.

Just looking over the pictures again. On my truck all the bolt holes for the seat are reinforced, but this reinforcement is just an additional later of sheet metal.

On Scotts pictures, there are additional pieces used for reinforcement which appear to be heavier than just a single layer of additional sheet metal. I am thinking that fender washers and maybe some automotive adhesive will be enough. I can also make reinforcement strips out of 16GA sheet metal, it just sucks hack sawing it.

The only reinforcement part that will be even a little tricky is the driver side inner bolt. The passenger ones will be hard too, unless the heat shield comes off easy.

3 7/8" Center to center

Awesome! Thanks! Looks like when I had it bolted up I measured around 2 5/8. I'll line up with that and see how the rest looks!