Bullnose Forums

What seat base is this?

CRittaler

Hi all,

I finally got my carpet pulled and the interior trim out.

When I bought the truck it came with captains seats and a center console. The truck originally had a bench, the bench is worn out so I would like to put the captains seats in but I am not 100% sure what they came out of.

I believe they're from an 89 F250 or F350. Is there a way to tell from the seat base?

Obviously the bolt holes aren't going to line up with the bench holes, so I was wondering if there are any markings I could line up with to make drilling mounting holes easier?

IMG_20210114_175918_HDR.png.30ff76312994fb69222d9d5fc2383970.png

IMG_20201217_202239_9.jpg.398e592f890fbb3728956ceb8f9c8e6c.jpg

Those look like the bucket seats from a Bronco. I have seen Gary and a few others talk about a base that bolts in where your bench seat bolts in and then the buckets will bolt to that. I am pretty sure Dave posted one of those bases up in the Market Place this morning.

Those look like the bucket seats from a Bronco. I have seen Gary and a few others talk about a base that bolts in where your bench seat bolts in and then the buckets will bolt to that. I am pretty sure Dave posted one of those bases up in the Market Place this morning.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/92-96-FORD-F150-F250-F350-BENCH-TO-BUCKET-SEAT-FRAME-OEM-WITH-SEAT-TRACKS-LOOK/224314387284?fits=Year%3A1980%7CModel%3AF-150&epid=6034282024&hash=item343a2deb54:g:vP8AAOSwQKleY7BK

I can't read the sticker on the bottom of that seat base, but you can check it out up close. The prefix will probably tell us from whence they came. But they look like the standard captain's chairs.

Your sig doesn't tell if you have a regular cab or an extended or crewcab. But I urge you to read what we have on the page at Documentation/Interior/Seat Interchangeability. If you have a regular cab then what you should do is to get the right seat base, as described there.

And I strongly recommend that you do not drill holes and shim up to install those seats. It isn't safe, and is highly likely to crack your floor. At the very least you should reinforce the floor if you are going to drill new holes so you don't crack the floor.

I can't read the sticker on the bottom of that seat base, but you can check it out up close. The prefix will probably tell us from whence they came. But they look like the standard captain's chairs.

Your sig doesn't tell if you have a regular cab or an extended or crewcab. But I urge you to read what we have on the page at Documentation/Interior/Seat Interchangeability. If you have a regular cab then what you should do is to get the right seat base, as described there.

And I strongly recommend that you do not drill holes and shim up to install those seats. It isn't safe, and is highly likely to crack your floor. At the very least you should reinforce the floor if you are going to drill new holes so you don't crack the floor.

Hi Gary,

The number on the tag is just a serial number, not a Ford number.

I'll update my signature, but it's a supercab.

I've done the bolt through the floor before when I put Mercedes Benz seats in my Suzuki Samurai. I used large fender washers to spread the load.

Thanks!

Hi Gary,

The number on the tag is just a serial number, not a Ford number.

I'll update my signature, but it's a supercab.

I've done the bolt through the floor before when I put Mercedes Benz seats in my Suzuki Samurai. I used large fender washers to spread the load.

Thanks!

Looks the same as the ones in my 86 Supercab. Here's a spare I pulled from an 84 Supercab:

IMG_20210115_143400.thumb.jpg.332de7688f68745c9a84ccd1911fdf46.jpg

Looks the same as the ones in my 86 Supercab. Here's a spare I pulled from an 84 Supercab:

Question for you Scott, is that spare a passenger seat? I set mine in the cab and noticed that the rails are different between passenger and driver.

The driver side slides front/back and the seat back folds, the passenger side appears to be fixed and the seat folds up from the base. Does this make sense?

From what I can tell with the driver side 2 bolts line up with the bench mounts and on the passenger side only one bolt lines up with the bench mount.