Bullnose Forums

Smog hose removal

61uni

It would help us a lot if we knew the engine you have. So I recommend you create a signature, as explained in the Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's. That way our answers can be more accurate.

However, I'm going to guess that you have a Windsor. And I think that line goes across the back of the engine and bolts onto the back of the heads. If I'm right you can unbolt it and then insert short 5/8-11 bolts with a copper washer under the head to seal it. And by "short" I'm talking about about 1/2" long as the threads in the head aren't very deep. Plus, you can't get a very long bolt between the head and the firewall.

61Unis_Engine.jpg.e90cc336b8a59319d17c45a991d4147d.jpg

It would help us a lot if we knew the engine you have. So I recommend you create a signature, as explained in the Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's. That way our answers can be more accurate.

However, I'm going to guess that you have a Windsor. And I think that line goes across the back of the engine and bolts onto the back of the heads. If I'm right you can unbolt it and then insert short 5/8-11 bolts with a copper washer under the head to seal it. And by "short" I'm talking about about 1/2" long as the threads in the head aren't very deep. Plus, you can't get a very long bolt between the head and the firewall.

It’s a 302