Bullnose Forums

Opinions on Frame Painting

ckuske

Use Master Series Silver and either urethane black topcoat or Master Series AG111. A step up from POR which I would never use.

I will give them a look, I never used POR15 chassis paint, I only ever used Eastwood chassis black both the regular chassis black and the 2K epoxy chassis black. Only POR15 I used was on my engine and I really liked that but that doesnt mean the POR15 chassis paint is on par with the engine paint.

This is Eastwood Chassis Black Extreme and Eastwood Bare Steel paint I used on my '78 Mercury when I redid the front suspension back in 2013.

Eastwood_Chassis_Black_Extreme_and_Bare_Steel.jpg.ae5803793118f54bb893e6b8fa685d2e.jpg

And this was the Eastwood Chassis Black 2K Epoxy I used at work on a customers truck that wanted to clean up the frame that you could see under the hood.

Eastwood_Chassis_Black_2K_Epoxy.jpg.93ea9c3c954c9302b3b731e0895650a5.jpg

Me personally I would probably get the 2K Epoxy from Eastwood if I did my truck and get it in the quart to spray it with an spraygun. I believe you can also buy a hardener for the 2K Epoxy to strengthen its durability.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images