Bullnose Forums

Door latch spring

I've not had that experience. Have you tried some form of lubrication? Perhaps it is dry and that one doesn't want to move.

I would try some silicone spray in there also.

After blasting mine I had to move the jaws quite a bit to get the abrasive out of them. Even when clean they still had a hitch until I sprayed the silicone in there.

Hopefully that's it and you can avoid removing the door panel and dealing with the linkage.

I've not had that experience. Have you tried some form of lubrication? Perhaps it is dry and that one doesn't want to move.

No they push back easily. It's not stuck. When you push the release, one snaps back , the other just sits there. YOu take your finger and push, it easily goes back.

Yes, very easily. There's a small diameter spring inside that has to be there to retract the jaws,

In that case, I'd say the solution is replacing the unit as a whole. I haven't heard of anyone dissecting one. I'd have to look at one of my spares but seem to recall tabs that I don't think would survive tampering.

In that case, I'd say the solution is replacing the unit as a whole. I haven't heard of anyone dissecting one. I'd have to look at one of my spares but seem to recall tabs that I don't think would survive tampering.

No you're not getting inside by taking it apart. But could maybe hook a spring. One I am asking about is a newer style which has a cable inside handle. So getting a new one isn't cheap like the older ones were/are. Same basic design of the latch though, operates the same.