Bullnose Forums

Backyard Bullnose finds, good and bad

Haha! I'd probably put that one on the project list. You should see how crusty my Frankentruck was when I got it. Still need to put up some pictures and I'm working on a personal album, but of course the snow still makes that difficult.

Wonder if that truck has a tailgate? Those seem to be hard to come by.

Excuse me, but how does snow cause problems with doing computer work to create an album? :nabble_anim_confused:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's too sad....

Someone might want front grill parts. Those look like they're in good shape.

I know. I was thinking on the way home, what could I salvage from this thing? I could use the sliding rear window, but there's really nothing else there of value to me personally. I'd probably scavenge the fiberglass fenders just because...lol. They're not really worth anything either, but still...hate to see them get scrapped.

The drivetrain would be worth a couple bucks, but who knows if it's any good or not. I will stop by next time I'm in the area to ask some questions. There was nobody around today to ask.

Seeing that just kills me. I see vehicles like this and I think of all that's happened to them. The good and bad that they've been through a lot. If I had the money to restore all vehicles like that I would.

Yes, I get sentimental sometimes. I do the same thing when I go through the Pick N Pulls. A lot of history sitting all around you.

I'd love the roll bar!

See ya soon Rembrant......

I'm always keeping an eye out for a roll bar for my Beast. Don't want one new so I look when I'm getting parts and am always hoping to see one installed.

I'd like to have one with the Good ol fashioned "KC Lights" on it. :nabble_smiley_good:

Yes sir, tailgate was still intact, but rusty. I should have taken more pictures to show the extent of the rust. I'm sure the road salt rusted much of this truck away like it does everything else around here, but on top of that it's probably only a couple hundred yards from the ocean, and that will rust them into pieces just sitting there.

I see a nice old Bronco was just pulled out of storage out in your neck of the woods...

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1347060351&siteLocale=en_CA&requestSource=b

Low-ish mileage, and no rust. I'd love to have it.

There are a couple for sale out here right now, but they're real rust buckets.

Seeing that just kills me. I see vehicles like this and I think of all that's happened to them. The good and bad that they've been through a lot. If I had the money to restore all vehicles like that I would.

Yes, I get sentimental sometimes. I do the same thing when I go through the Pick N Pulls. A lot of history sitting all around you.

Your feelings on the topic are at least partially driving the popularity of some of the modern shows like Junkyard Gold and Barn Find Hunter, etc.

And they do some neat stuff on Roadkill and Roadkill Extra where they wander through Junkyards or take old junkers for a drive.

Your feelings on the topic are at least partially driving the popularity of some of the modern shows like Junkyard Gold and Barn Find Hunter, etc.

And they do some neat stuff on Roadkill and Roadkill Extra where they wander through Junkyards or take old junkers for a drive.

Clearly I don't know how to use the embed tags...

Edit: OK, I figured it out. Duh.

Clearly I don't know how to use the embed tags...

Edit: OK, I figured it out. Duh.

More backyard Bullnose parts hunting turned up yet another set of Flareside fiber fenders about an hour and a half away. Going to drop by and have a look this week when (if) I get over that way with work. They are not mint by any means, but they are complete with steel steps still attached. One has a crack, and the other has a small hole. I don't need another set of fenders, but if they're next to nothing I'll grab 'em just for more spares.

So, I was thinking of something else today...always dreaming...lol, but how hard would it be to make a new set of bed sides for a Flareside? Has anybody done this before? I realize the formed fender well is the snag here...the rest of it is pretty standard fare that most industrial shops could handle. Mar-K makes new bed side panels, but only for trucks that had straight panels without inner fender humps.

More backyard Bullnose parts hunting turned up yet another set of Flareside fiber fenders about an hour and a half away. Going to drop by and have a look this week when (if) I get over that way with work. They are not mint by any means, but they are complete with steel steps still attached. One has a crack, and the other has a small hole. I don't need another set of fenders, but if they're next to nothing I'll grab 'em just for more spares.

So, I was thinking of something else today...always dreaming...lol, but how hard would it be to make a new set of bed sides for a Flareside? Has anybody done this before? I realize the formed fender well is the snag here...the rest of it is pretty standard fare that most industrial shops could handle. Mar-K makes new bed side panels, but only for trucks that had straight panels without inner fender humps.

It would be cool if those fenders could be recreated. :nabble_smiley_good:

And I'll bet you can easily peddle those fenders if you buy them.

Yes sir, tailgate was still intact, but rusty. I should have taken more pictures to show the extent of the rust. I'm sure the road salt rusted much of this truck away like it does everything else around here, but on top of that it's probably only a couple hundred yards from the ocean, and that will rust them into pieces just sitting there.

I see a nice old Bronco was just pulled out of storage out in your neck of the woods...

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1347060351&siteLocale=en_CA&requestSource=b

Low-ish mileage, and no rust. I'd love to have it.

There are a couple for sale out here right now, but they're real rust buckets.

Was in Regina today. Never seen that one before, but it is nice.