Bullnose Forums

Saginaw Pump Conversion

While working on my truck this past week, I noted that the O'Rielly's CII power steering pump I purchased and installed this past Summer is already leaking. It seems like the OEM pump began leaking not long after I bought the truck so I'm wondering if this is just typical with these?

Regardless, I'm going to go the Saginaw route. I don't think the acquisition of a pump and hoses will be that big of a deal. The brackets however may be another story. Finding a Bullnose Econoline around my area is not an easy find. I do find kits for early model trucks and Broncos (73-79), but nothing specific for our trucks. Wondering how similar / dissimilar the brackets are between a 79 truck and ours? Here's an available bracket for a 79: https://www.tomsbroncoparts.com/product/power-steering-pump-bracket-for-351w-fits-saginaw-pump-only-new

Thoughts, comments, and help appreciated!

John - Have you read through this thread: Saginaw Brackets Question. I think that might help.

Also, the writeup about the bracket your link goes to says "This pump bracket is shorter than the 302 bracket in order to allow for the width of the 351w p/s pump adapter (sold separately)." So you also need the pump adapter.

I saw two other long posts on this conversion here related to different engines but not this one. The one you linked answers a lot of questions for me. Thanks a ton!