Bullnose Forums

How much is too much

Happy new year everyone!

So the other day changed the valve cover gaskets on my Dads F250 (351W H.O.) and surprisingly for that truck sitting for 10 years in the brush/woods the valve train was pretty clean I was expecting way worse. But when I finished the job I started it up and I noticed quite a bit of smoke coming out of the breather/ oil cap and I took the pcv out the same thing. I was thinking to myself this thing has a lot of blow by.

Is this okay? Honestly the truck runs perfect when you let her warm up.

It could be time to run a cylinder leak down test and a compression test and see where it really is.

Did you do anything like pull the plugs and fill the cylinders with diesel fuel or PB Blaster and let them soak to loosen up the rings before you fired it up the first time?

It could be time to run a cylinder leak down test and a compression test and see where it really is.

Did you do anything like pull the plugs and fill the cylinders with diesel fuel or PB Blaster and let them soak to loosen up the rings before you fired it up the first time?

Well it was my uncles truck before and he would always come from time to time to start it up because when he showed it to me the old girl started right up with 3 or 4 sprays of ether.

My uncle told me that this truck used to haul a big horse trailer for this horse farm he worked at and I'm guessing it used be a plow truck because it has a snow plow light switch.

Well it was my uncles truck before and he would always come from time to time to start it up because when he showed it to me the old girl started right up with 3 or 4 sprays of ether.

My uncle told me that this truck used to haul a big horse trailer for this horse farm he worked at and I'm guessing it used be a plow truck because it has a snow plow light switch.

Ok................How many miles are on the engine? For instance my Bronco shows 33794 on the odmiter, but I know that it has rolled over twice so it is accuatly 233794. The engine may be warn out, the rings may be warn out and that is causing your blow by. What I said above is still relevent in answering your question.