Bullnose Forum

GOOD GUY'S GARAGE

Ray Cecil

Thanks. The first furniture we bought together was a bed frame with reddish-stained wood, and a gently-curving brushed nickel tube as an accent on the headboard. So that became our motif throughout the house: a brushed-nickel/stainless curve/ellipse, and cedar-red wood. When I designed this house, I couldn't find any banister that looked the way we wanted; and the finish-carpenter was going to charge a ridiculous price to build something from cheap wood. So I came up with a few ideas, and we picked that one: overlapping ellipses. They're sized & spaced to meet the building codes (height of the handrail above the stairs, and no gap in the balusters large enough for a 2" sphere to pass through).

The other pics in that photo album show the rest of the house. The first few dozen show the fixtures & materials we chose, ending with the floorplan that I sent to the architect. Then there are a whole bunch of construction pics, that are pretty boring. But the ~2-dozen after the banister are the last few things being finished up, and the "completed" house (if there is such a thing).

Steve - House look beautiful. Well done!

Ray - Surely that Bronco has some parts that would be helpful. So what's your friend's plan?

Ray - Surely that Bronco has some parts that would be helpful. So what's your friend's plan?

He doesnt have a plan. He was just happy as a tornado in a trailer park we got it started after it sat 5 years.

Ill probably start stripping it for parts.

Ive considered trashing the body, and restoring the chassis. Maybe I could find another flareside to swap onto it.

Ive considered trashing the body, and restoring the chassis. Maybe I could find another flareside to swap onto it.

The Bronco has a wheelbase of 104.7" and the shortbed is 116.8". :nabble_anim_confused:

Well crap. I figured they were the same.

I guess I will part it out. Or take the body off and weld a role cage around it....then roll it...

Cool hat. What are you burning in the stove?

Scrap wood from the sawmill. Pine, ash, pear, osage. Some get pretty hot, so have to go easy on the quantity in the stove.

Yeah, the mill would be a good source. There's a guy near us that has a mill like yours and he has scrap everywhere.

Yeah, the mill would be a good source. There's a guy near us that has a mill like yours and he has scrap everywhere.

Speaking of wood mill. I had a 73 year old 80' pine seasoning in the back yard. Cut and capped the ends of each log 6 months ago. Moisture was down considerably but not too dry. No checking or cracks. Milled some good boards today. Hoping to let dry in the cool weather for a couple months before putting up handrail.

20191020_174004.jpg.8eb740752f1e4ed599224ba98af2eb04.jpg