Bullnose Forums

Help!! I broke a bolt

Sorry George. This will sound crazy, but there's a feel one acquires for when an EZ out or even a tap is gonna snap. I pulled so many broken bolts in the AF that I was able to acquire that feel. One has to break many to acquire....lol! It's not fun breaking them, for sure. Keep us posted on Brutus.

John. I learned that the hard way, as i was turning the ez out, i felt it start to move, it really looked like the bolt was coming out, but it was the ez out that was getting ready to snap. I totally suck at this and it did work out for the best.

I do still have the old intake with the broken bolt, I am going to try to do it on that, really just for the fact to say that i did it, but from here on out, if anything like this ever happens again, it's going to Joey

Sorry George. This will sound crazy, but there's a feel one acquires for when an EZ out or even a tap is gonna snap. I pulled so many broken bolts in the AF that I was able to acquire that feel. One has to break many to acquire....lol! It's not fun breaking them, for sure. Keep us posted on Brutus.

John. I learned that the hard way, as i was turning the ez out, i felt it start to move, it really looked like the bolt was coming out, but it was the ez out that was getting ready to snap. I totally suck at this and it did work out for the best.

I do still have the old intake with the broken bolt, I am going to try to do it on that, really just for the fact to say that i did it, but from here on out, if anything like this ever happens again, it's going to Joey

Its always situations like this when you find a good mechanic!

There is absolutely no shame in getting some help. If we had enough time and money, we could do it all ourselves..but thats never gonna happen.

Its always situations like this when you find a good mechanic!

There is absolutely no shame in getting some help. If we had enough time and money, we could do it all ourselves..but thats never gonna happen.

No shame here, none whatsoever. I know when i'm licked. I'm just very happy that i found a good mechanic close by.

So happy i found a good mechanic, and it dosent hurt that he has known Nick for years, but when we were in his shop, he had the radio on classic country playing through a blown speaker. I'm bringing him a speaker this afternoon.

Ha! Im sure he will make use of it immediately.