Bullnose Forums

Another find, but Lariat with crank windows?

Wow, 5" is a lot of lift. :nabble_smiley_oh:

That's basically what I'm running with the 2" from the RSK and the 3" from the springs.

But, is that before you drop that big block in? Or are you thinking that's what you'll end up with?

Having gone back over Big Blue's #'s, originally it was -4 3/16" lower on the front left and -5 1/8" on the right vs the rear. And now it is essentially level, front/rear. So, I must have raised the front almost 5". :nabble_smiley_oh:

But, is that before you drop that big block in? Or are you thinking that's what you'll end up with?

Having gone back over Big Blue's #'s, originally it was -4 3/16" lower on the front left and -5 1/8" on the right vs the rear. And now it is essentially level, front/rear. So, I must have raised the front almost 5". :nabble_smiley_oh:

That's advertised lift. I won't know for sure until I drop the engine in, but whatever the engine takes away, I'll probably add back with the 35's or 37's. So I'm not really expecting the truck to sit down much further than it currently is when all is said and done.

My son went with X-code SD springs because they're stronger and less expensive by a considerable amount (surprising). That added another inch. The RSK kit itself adds 4.5" for a total of 5.5" - then there's tires. He's already on 35s but I bet he'll go to 37s sooner or later. 37s would add another inch. He's looking into running boards or rock rails. And grab handles like 04-up SDs have. I'm grafting a driver grab handle onto my E99 F550 too.

I'm an old 4x4 guy from the last century and found that 37 is about as big as one wants on the street. Above that you get issues.

My son went with X-code SD springs because they're stronger and less expensive by a considerable amount (surprising). That added another inch. The RSK kit itself adds 4.5" for a total of 5.5" - then there's tires. He's already on 35s but I bet he'll go to 37s sooner or later. 37s would add another inch. He's looking into running boards or rock rails. And grab handles like 04-up SDs have. I'm grafting a driver grab handle onto my E99 F550 too.

I'm an old 4x4 guy from the last century and found that 37 is about as big as one wants on the street. Above that you get issues.

As you probably know, I went with the U-code springs and really like them. Even with the 460, dual heavy batteries, Warn winch bumper, winch, and front receiver they are not overloaded. But for reference purposes, my understanding of the spring codes and weight ratings is:

R = 1430

S = 1630

T = 1830

U = 2030

V = 2230

W = 2430

X = 2630

As you probably know, I went with the U-code springs and really like them. Even with the 460, dual heavy batteries, Warn winch bumper, winch, and front receiver they are not overloaded. But for reference purposes, my understanding of the spring codes and weight ratings is:

R = 1430

S = 1630

T = 1830

U = 2030

V = 2230

W = 2430

X = 2630

Options packages ran pretty strange in the 80's. I have an '86 F150 Lariat that has manual windows, manual locks, no A/C, and a 4 speed manual. Doesn't seem very fancy, huh?

Options packages ran pretty strange in the 80's. I have an '86 F150 Lariat that has manual windows, manual locks, no A/C, and a 4 speed manual. Doesn't seem very fancy, huh?

Ya, I remember a fairly common thing to do back in the day was buying a high level trim truck...be it a Ford or whatever, and special ordering it with a rubber floor instead of carpet. Most of the XLT's and Lariats around here didn't have A/C either.

Ya, I remember a fairly common thing to do back in the day was buying a high level trim truck...be it a Ford or whatever, and special ordering it with a rubber floor instead of carpet. Most of the XLT's and Lariats around here didn't have A/C either.

My fully loaded 79 Cougar " Midnight Cat" edition, the badest of the bad, the ultimate PimpMobile. Had power locks and crank windows, LOL