Bullnose Forums

Work Groups

George - There is a writeup on that in Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's. But the main bit on subscribing says:

You can subscribe to get email notifications, either individual emails or rolled-up summaries for the day, and you can do so at any level. I've subscribed at the top level and get individual emails for every post, but you can subscribe to any and all of the forums.

Let's say you are interested in any posts that are made in the folder/thread called Projects. Open that thread/folder and on the left side you'll see an Options selection, and within that a Subscribe Via Email option. If you click that you can sign up for that thread/folder. Or, you can do the same any of the threads/topics in that folder and get notifications for any post made in it. Or, as I've done, do so at the Bullnose Forum level and you'll get notifications for anything that goes on.

But let me say it slightly differently. Here's an example of different levels:

Top Level/Main Page

Projects Folder

Salans 1980 Something

In this example you could subscribe to the top level, which I call the main page, and you'd get a notification for every post made. Or you could subscribe to any one of the next levels down, like the Projects Folder and get an email when anyone posts there. Or, you could subscribe just to Shaun/Salan's thread about his "1980 something" truck.

Basically any level that has an "Options" dropdown on it can be subscribed to. But if you've already subscribed to the level above that then there's no need to subscribe. As an example, if you've subscribed to the Projects folder you don't need to subscribe to any of the threads in it. You are covered.

Does that help?

I'm just posting to assign this to me for testing purposes. I think I changed the text going out in the email from "This topic is assigned to you at priority" to "You have been tagged to come see this post at priority:".

We can modify this easily, once I figure out what does it....

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just posting to assign this to me for testing purposes. I think I changed the text going out in the email from "This topic is assigned to you at priority" to "You have been tagged to come see this post at priority:".

We can modify this easily, once I figure out what does it....

Nope, that didn't work. And for keeping track, here's what I did, although I'll put it back. Or, more accurately, take the override out.

Assign_Text_Capture.thumb.jpg.125ba2ef0d4c9e053e0749b2221df206.jpg

Ok, that worked so I've now, hopefully, taken the priority bit out, as shown below:

That worked nicely, although we may want to make the "You have been tagged" bit more prominent. However, we can sort that out down the line a bit. For now it is enough that it works.

Here's what the email looks like with the tag text highlighted:

Email_Capture.thumb.jpg.324de0866f42294d9380dba6a6168981.jpg

That worked nicely, although we may want to make the "You have been tagged" bit more prominent. However, we can sort that out down the line a bit. For now it is enough that it works.

Here's what the email looks like with the tag text highlighted:

Ok, I think I made the text bright red. Let's see. I'll edit this post and put the email I see in here. Opps, got the wrong text. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Email_Capture_with_the_wrong_FF0000.thumb.jpg.2bed574d5fe8fbea2122a0fa80111172.jpg

Ok, got it Gary. Thank you. Sorry i ask to many questions :-) I really do like that feature and think it will come in very handy especially for me. When i'm away from home, i really dont go to the forum on my phone, its just to small for me to see and i miss things alot of times. I subscribed to my broken bolt thread and going to see what happens.

Ok, got it Gary. Thank you. Sorry i ask to many questions :-) I really do like that feature and think it will come in very handy especially for me. When i'm away from home, i really dont go to the forum on my phone, its just to small for me to see and i miss things alot of times. I subscribed to my broken bolt thread and going to see what happens.

No problem, George. The way this forum works is sometimes obtuse.

But, I don't think you need to subscribe to your own threads. I believe that is automatically done for you when you create a thread. In fact, I believe that when you post in a thread you are subscribed. But I've not tested that, come to think of it.