Bullnose Forums

2,100-Mile 1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 4×4 on BaT

Yes, beautiful, well preserved and only 2,100 miles on the odometer. But $22k with time still left??? I'm afraid I'd rather put that down on a new Truck. Likely whoever buys it, won't be using it.

All that time sitting and it wasn't running when removed from the garage. If the fuel system had to be completely gone through, there are other things lurking right behind that which will need to be replaced as well. My 2002 Ranger was sitting for around three years before I brought it home, and it's needed way more work that I first realized. I can only imagine what's needed on a truck that sat for decades.

if you look at the truck it came from my neck of the woods central ny,solvay is about 30 or so miles from here near syracuse

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful! But $22,500 is expensive! And a week to go. Are you going to watch this and report back? I don't have an account at BAT.

I try to keep an eye on the special ones Gary, just out of curiosity to see what they sell for in the end. The two tone red is really cool...I think Rick's truck is the same colors?

I noticed that most Lariats of this vintage are two-tone, but Lucille was always a solid color - Dark Canyon Red.

It looks like that one is Dark Canyon Red in the middle and Light Canyon Red on the top and bottom. That is a good visual reference that shows the difference between the two shades of Canyon Red.

Beautiful! But $22,500 is expensive! And a week to go. Are you going to watch this and report back? I don't have an account at BAT.

I try to keep an eye on the special ones Gary, just out of curiosity to see what they sell for in the end. The two tone red is really cool...I think Rick's truck is the same colors?

I noticed that most Lariats of this vintage are two-tone, but Lucille was always a solid color - Dark Canyon Red.

It looks like that one is Dark Canyon Red in the middle and Light Canyon Red on the top and bottom. That is a good visual reference that shows the difference between the two shades of Canyon Red.

It’s up to $27,500. This bad boy is going to hit $30k.

WOW!!! Nice truck, but as Shaun said, there's gonna be a ton of problems with it for having sat that long.

Have any of you read the comments on the auction?...apparently the truck was on CraigsList previously, and ended up selling on Dads Classic Cars? That is where the current owner bought it. It had aftermarket wheels on it, and the factory wheels were in the back.

http://dadsclassiccars.com/used-1985-ford-f150-for-sale-in-2ftef14h9fcb06037-1252685

17587c10ee6874b7_0280aac0229d81.jpg.f99a129ddc72594c769e304f56bd9810.jpg

17587c10ee6874b7_cb020953960beb.jpg.c946ae9ac0cd8598dbd8c2d8995f832a.jpg

So, I'd say the seller took quite a chance on it paying what he did...26 grand was big money to begin with. Wow.

Have any of you read the comments on the auction?...apparently the truck was on CraigsList previously, and ended up selling on Dads Classic Cars? That is where the current owner bought it. It had aftermarket wheels on it, and the factory wheels were in the back.

http://dadsclassiccars.com/used-1985-ford-f150-for-sale-in-2ftef14h9fcb06037-1252685

So, I'd say the seller took quite a chance on it paying what he did...26 grand was big money to begin with. Wow.

I knew the tires on that thing looked old....turns out they are. Whoever buys it is going to be throwing another few hundred in tires on it, but after paying $30k for it, I'm sure they can afford that and all of the maintenance it's going to need.

I knew the tires on that thing looked old....turns out they are. Whoever buys it is going to be throwing another few hundred in tires on it, but after paying $30k for it, I'm sure they can afford that and all of the maintenance it's going to need.

When we moved to the UK for a couple of years we left our van with my parents and Dad was to drive it at least monthly. But if he did it wasn't enough as we had fits with it when we got back. Everything that could go wrong did, all at once.

So I'm expecting that whomever buys that truck will have similar problems. Not that they shouldn't buy it, but they should expect to have a lot of problems.

Got a kick out of this from that link:

dcc.png.e569226a21d696e7306e45ef7fb5ec9e.png

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/head-rotfl-57x22_orig.gif