Bullnose Forums

Leaf Spring dimensions chart - is this useful?

I scanned this "Leaf Spring Dimensions" list from the NPD catalog. I thought it might be useful to someone looking to replace their stock springs with something heavier or looking for a little extra lift. Since the listing shows the free-arch dimensions and eye-to-eye dimensions, once someone knows the specs of what they currently have, it should be easier to find the spring they want.

I tried to scan to PDF, but my software seems to just do JPG. But it does look clear viewing on my computer. If this is useful, you may want to put it on the page where the Spring p/n are provided.Ford_Leaf_Spring_dimensions.thumb.jpg.fced097c74b2e52ba826566267e11c05.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I didn't get it added as I can't seem to download that file and can't find the page in the NPD catalog. Can you email me the file? Or, better yet, point me to the right page on NPD. I guess I don't yet understand the file thing on Nabble.

Gary, I have it converted to a pdf format for you, email it?

Well, I didn't get it added as I can't seem to download that file and can't find the page in the NPD catalog. Can you email me the file? Or, better yet, point me to the right page on NPD. I guess I don't yet understand the file thing on Nabble.

If Lebaront doesn't get it to you, I'll bring the JPG printout to work and scan it on our copy machine which will then save it as a PDF.

BTW, that chart is not on the NPD website, you have to get a "hard copy" catalog.

If Lebaront doesn't get it to you, I'll bring the JPG printout to work and scan it on our copy machine which will then save it as a PDF.

BTW, that chart is not on the NPD website, you have to get a "hard copy" catalog.

Mike - Bill did get it to me, somthanks anyway. And he also said:

FWIW, it would be great if there was a cross reference for Ford PNs. I don't think Darth's rear springs are in that list, codes are J K which I assume J is front (coil springs and K is rear, progressive leaf springs, 2 one above the other).

But I need some help from y'all as I'm getting swamped, what with getting this forum going, documenting things, and getting ready for the get-together/show. So, I will try to get the NPD thing added to the web site today, let y'all know, and then maybe you can see if you can figure out any cross-referencing. Ok?

FWIW, it would be great if there was a cross reference for Ford PNs. I don't think Darth's rear springs are in that list, codes are J K which I assume J is front (coil springs and K is rear, progressive leaf springs, 2 one above the other).

But I need some help from y'all as I'm getting swamped, what with getting this forum going, documenting things, and getting ready for the get-together/show. So, I will try to get the NPD thing added to the web site today, let y'all know, and then maybe you can see if you can figure out any cross-referencing. Ok?

On the forum, and the NDP list, there are references to "spring codes". Either 2 letter or four letter code, which seems to found be on the "data plate" on the door jamb. But my '82 data plate doesn't have any spring codes listed.

Where are these springs codes found?

Ok, I put a new page for front suspension: Suspension & Steering/Front Suspension. And it has the NPD table. Plus I added it to the bottom of the Suspension & Steering/Rear Suspension/Rear Springs page. Note that the pdf had both front and rear springs in it, so I edited the file and created a file for the front and one for the rear.

Please see what you think. But, I will say the rear suspension pages need a lot of work.