Bullnose Forums

Door Glass

Machspeed

Hey Friends, did a nice clean up on my truck this past weekend as the sun was out and the weather was relatively warm. Having it out in the sun, I couldn't help but to take notice of how badly scratched my driver's side window is. It's bad!

Anyway, I've decided that I'm going to replace it and would like recommendations on best place to get the glass. LMC has it, wondering about the quality of the glass?

Also, if you were to replace your glass, what other items would you purchase in relation to the glass?

Lastly, how is the window lift channel attached to the glass? In our documentation here, it looks like there is a special tool needed to pull it off the old glass. And, can I re-use my old lift channel?

I haven't removed that channel before but heat worked well to soften the tape on the vent window allowing it to be pulled out.

As for while you are in there: weatherstripping, sweeps, and greasing the channel/regulator. As needed.

I have window glass with channel attached for sale in Marketplace, used but good.