Bullnose Forums

1985 F-150 horn button parts

dennisb

I'm in the process of swapping out an after market steering wheel for an original and I need to know what parts I need to get besides the wheel and horn pad which I have? every time I try to research this info I get

OEM part #D9HZ-13A805-B Horn Button Kit? I don't think that's correct.

Thank you.

Dennis - Welcome to the forum. But before I discuss the horn pad I want to make sure you've read the guidelines. I ask because my email to you asked you to go to the New Members Start Here folder, read the guidelines, and then start a new thread to introduce yourself. You didn't start the new thread to introduce yourself so I want to make sure that you did read the guidelines.

We adhere to the guidelines and ask members to do the same, so we want to ensure you've had a chance to read them.

Dennis - Welcome to the forum. But before I discuss the horn pad I want to make sure you've read the guidelines. I ask because my email to you asked you to go to the New Members Start Here folder, read the guidelines, and then start a new thread to introduce yourself. You didn't start the new thread to introduce yourself so I want to make sure that you did read the guidelines.We adhere to the guidelines and ask members to do the same, so we want to ensure you've had a chance to read them.
Received and understood. 

Done.

DENNIS A. BYRNE

"THANK GOD WE'RE NOT GETTING ALL THE GOVERNMENT WE'RE PAYING FOR."

WILL ROGERS

On Sat, Dec 26, 2020 at 1:06 PM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Do you have speed control? That makes a big difference.

And, by the way D9HZ-13A805-B is not a part number. The "H" in the prefix of D9HZ says it is an ID #. For these trucks that character is normally a "T" for a part number.

As silly as it sounds, any # on a part is not a part number. From the mid-60's Ford had a "better idea" and put ID #'s, sometimes called engineering #'s, on the parts. And then they printed a cross reference between part numbers and ID #'s. Unfortunately I can't find D9HZ-13A805-B as an ID # in my cross ref.

But you can see the horn pad part numbers at the page here: Documentation/Interior/Horn Pads.

Anyway, tell us more about what you are doing so we can figure this out.

Do you have speed control? That makes a big difference.And, by the way D9HZ-13A805-B is not a part number. The "H" in the prefix of D9HZ says it is an ID #. For these trucks that character is normally a "T" for a part number.As silly as it sounds, any # on a part is not a part number. From the mid-60's Ford had a "better idea" and put ID #'s, sometimes called engineering #'s, on the parts. And then they printed a cross reference between part numbers and ID #'s. Unfortunately I can't find D9HZ-13A805-B as an ID # in my cross ref.But you can see the horn pad part numbers at the page here: Documentation/Interior/Horn Pads.Anyway, tell us more about what you are doing so we can figure this out.
no sir

DENNIS A. BYRNE

WILL ROGERS

On Sat, Dec 26, 2020 at 2:31 PM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

just the horn

DENNIS A. BYRNE

WILL ROGERS

On Sat, Dec 26, 2020 at 2:33 PM dennisb [via Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Dennis - This is your call, but you are replying via email rather than logging onto the forum. That works, sorta, but it copies in a lot of the previous message so the posts start looking pretty ugly. You replied "no sir", just two words, but see below what that creates.

Instead, if you clicked the link below the words "If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:" you'd be taken to the forum itself and you can post w/o the extra baggage.

As said, that's your call. But some people won't bother to read such a messy thread, so you limit the help you'll get.

Dennis_Post.thumb.jpg.635a8b1b00e59ab88669b4895498d65b.jpg

Dennis - This is your call, but you are replying via email rather than logging onto the forum. That works, sorta, but it copies in a lot of the previous message so the posts start looking pretty ugly. You replied "no sir", just two words, but see below what that creates.Instead, if you clicked the link below the words "If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:" you'd be taken to the forum itself and you can post w/o the extra baggage.As said, that's your call. But some people won't bother to read such a messy thread, so you limit the help you'll get.
Sorry, I don't see a way to respond to you via the forum.

I'm removing an aftermarket steering wheel and installing a used correct OEM wheel with a pad.

after the install, the horn isn't working, I think i'm missing something?

DENNIS A. BYRNE

WILL ROGERS

On Sat, Dec 26, 2020 at 2:42 PM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

I have responded to the hidden email, what's next?

DENNIS A. BYRNE

WILL ROGERS

On Sat, Dec 26, 2020 at 2:52 PM dennisb [via Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum] <redacted_email_address> wrote: