Bullnose Forums

Hello from Georgia

Tyler

Yes, it is a SMALL world! We go to the Church of Christ in Skiatook with them. I'll ask, but I think a brother still lives there and may be an elder in that church - like I am here.

Love the pics. Where were they taken? Almost looks like the Grand Canyon but maybe more like Lake Powell?

And, tell me 'bout the bed cover/tool box combo. I've never seen a bed cover that accommodates a tool box like that. I like it!

Welcome!

Yes, it is a SMALL world! We go to the Church of Christ in Skiatook with them. I'll ask, but I think a brother still lives there and may be an elder in that church - like I am here.

Love the pics. Where were they taken? Almost looks like the Grand Canyon but maybe more like Lake Powell?

And, tell me 'bout the bed cover/tool box combo. I've never seen a bed cover that accommodates a tool box like that. I like it!

Well, Gary the bed/box combo is a good ol improvisation setup. That's actually plywood! I needed a way to keep the camping gear dry and secure on a cross country road trip when I moved to GA from WA in April of 2019. The lake pic is outside of Las Vegas and is Lake Mead, near Hoover Dam and yes, it's the Grand Canyon.

Got myself a camper shell off Craigslist recently, so the next road trip will have a bit more room.

Well, Gary the bed/box combo is a good ol improvisation setup. That's actually plywood! I needed a way to keep the camping gear dry and secure on a cross country road trip when I moved to GA from WA in April of 2019. The lake pic is outside of Las Vegas and is Lake Mead, near Hoover Dam and yes, it's the Grand Canyon.

Got myself a camper shell off Craigslist recently, so the next road trip will have a bit more room.

Ty - That explains it! I'd thought of a bed cover for Big Blue a few times and then realized that with the tool box in the bed that might not work. But it looks like the plywood did. :nabble_smiley_good:

I love that area of the country! We've been to the Grand Canyon four times, once to the North Rim and three times to the South Rim. And the last time we rode the mules down and stayed at Phantom Ranch over night.

As for the lake, we've been to Hoover Dam but haven't been out on Mead. But we've been out on Lake Powell, the one above The Canyon, several times, and pulled our 25' Sea Ray out there the time we rode the mules.

Hey Tyler, welcome to the forum and thanks for your service! Haskell, ey! I'm also from Oklahoma, Wagoner, not 30 minutes from Haskell. When my son played baseball, Haskell had a scrappy little bunch that they played called the Haskell Haymakers. They were always pretty good in baseball.

Say, that's a nice looking truck and I really like the setting in the pictures you took. If you get a chance, look at the thread titled, "I Want Your Truck". I'd like to build a profile on it and eventually enter it in our Truck of the Month Contest.

Good to have you and Merry Christmas!

Hey Tyler, welcome to the forum and thanks for your service! Haskell, ey! I'm also from Oklahoma, Wagoner, not 30 minutes from Haskell. When my son played baseball, Haskell had a scrappy little bunch that they played called the Haskell Haymakers. They were always pretty good in baseball.

Say, that's a nice looking truck and I really like the setting in the pictures you took. If you get a chance, look at the thread titled, "I Want Your Truck". I'd like to build a profile on it and eventually enter it in our Truck of the Month Contest.

Good to have you and Merry Christmas!

To bring y'all up to speed, Ty and I've been communicating in the background. Turns out my friends, Joe & Ann, who are from his home town not only know his family, Joe graduated high school with Ty's grandfather and Ann graduated with his grandmother. It truly is a small world.