Bullnose Forums

Visit from a Newfoundlander

On Saturday I had a visit from Vinny! He had left his winter home in Newfoundland on Thursday and since his journey back to Virginia was to take him very close to my home, it was decided he should come to visit me and my family. He did so on Saturday. Cool move from a cool guy!

Great visit, and he got to meet my 1985.5 F150. unnamed.jpg.41b7f990ff8ec248579a065af81eac10.jpg

Cheers to all!

P.S. Vinny, thanks for the Screech!

And, what's Screech?

Rum! There is a "procedure" in Newfoundland of being "Screeched In" when you visit;).

I work for (and with) Newfoundlanders and will be traveling over there in a couple weeks to go offshore.

Hey Vinny, next time you're passing through NS, can you bring me some Bakeapples?...lol.

And, what's Screech?

Rum! There is a "procedure" in Newfoundland of being "Screeched In" when you visit;).

I work for (and with) Newfoundlanders and will be traveling over there in a couple weeks to go offshore.

Hey Vinny, next time you're passing through NS, can you bring me some Bakeapples?...lol.

Ahhh! That makes sense. Thanks.

And, what's Screech?

Spot on!

Hey - I love your flareside! Really nice.

And, what's Screech?

Lol, yes b'y, loads of bakeapples up behind the cabin.....

Cool! Are you guys related? :nabble_smiley_wink:

So, Vinny winters in the north and summers in the south? :nabble_anim_confused:

And, what's Screech?

Gary, it's usually the other way around, summers in Newfoundland, winters in the south. I didn't make it down the summer, so went up for the winter. I'll get back on track next year...

Screech - Cheap Jamaican Rum smuggled into Newfundland and re-labeled.....

Lol, yes b'y, loads of bakeapples up behind the cabin.....

Vinny,

You'll appreciate this. I was on a work trip over at the mill in Corner Brook back in 2011 or so, and due to some delays, I ended up having a slack day waiting for other work to be completed. Leaving just after lunch time, I made a high speed run for St. Anthony to see the Ice Bergs. At the end of the road in this little village (Goose Cove I think) there was this little girl selling Ice Berg lemonade. You'd get a cup of lemonade, and she would chip a piece of ice off a larger chunk she had in a steel pot to put in the cup. (For people that aren't familiar with this...there are small chunks of ice bergs that wash up on the beach, and you can go and pick up chunks big enough to carry.) Anyway, she also had these orange bags laying on the table for sale...and me, being an unknowing mainlander, asked what they were. She kinda rolled her eyes at me, like kids do, and said they were bakeapples, in the kind of way that everybody should know what they are...lol.

105_2147.jpg.aa4c3b7fbda5e4b36f24deed06a198a3.jpg

105_2177.jpg.9ed0334139fca3c196e00a6816e5af49.jpg

105_2118.jpg.576d9c9ab9a1688586222db58ea08bd4.jpg

105_2143.jpg.a6fd033d8e19e291df7f4d57707082c1.jpg

105_2122.jpg.d9c3b02636b4ae11000df231f6b74b15.jpg

105_2140.jpg.c8a16799bf0af7277bd0e97c486e4749.jpg

Vinny,

You'll appreciate this. I was on a work trip over at the mill in Corner Brook back in 2011 or so, and due to some delays, I ended up having a slack day waiting for other work to be completed. Leaving just after lunch time, I made a high speed run for St. Anthony to see the Ice Bergs. At the end of the road in this little village (Goose Cove I think) there was this little girl selling Ice Berg lemonade. You'd get a cup of lemonade, and she would chip a piece of ice off a larger chunk she had in a steel pot to put in the cup. (For people that aren't familiar with this...there are small chunks of ice bergs that wash up on the beach, and you can go and pick up chunks big enough to carry.) Anyway, she also had these orange bags laying on the table for sale...and me, being an unknowing mainlander, asked what they were. She kinda rolled her eyes at me, like kids do, and said they were bakeapples, in the kind of way that everybody should know what they are...lol.

Looks like a fun place to ride. How does the lemonade taste? Is the iceberg ice really good?

Vinny,

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing!!