Bullnose Forums

Flareside tailgate part not on master parts book

reamer

I don't have a photographic memory of how it was before, but I definitely like the way it is now. I did not realize that Ford offered bed rails as a factory option! Do we have photographs of this somewhere?
Thanks!  I like it much better as well. 

I don't have pics, but I think I know someone who can get them. 😎

By the way, I've found a good reason to reply via email - slooooow internet. If I got to the page it takes forever to post the pic. But via email is fast!

On Wednesday, August 23, 2017, Ford F834 [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Hi Gary

Got the Tailgate Bumpers, they are the wrong part for a '80-'86 Flareside (even though it states '80-'86)

these are for the '50s version..

Sorry, time to remove your note on Tailgate page?

Ron - How about I state that they are the wrong part and save others the pain?

Also, here's a tip on posting pics. Yours come out huge and cause problems for folks as they can't always scroll to the right once the big picture is embedded. But if you were to choose Large as the size and then add width="100%" to the code that is embedded your pics would be the right size for everyone's screen. Here's an example, without the necessary <> before and after:

nabble_img src="IMG_0424.jpg" border="0" width="100%"/

Ron - How about I state that they are the wrong part and save others the pain?

Also, here's a tip on posting pics. Yours come out huge and cause problems for folks as they can't always scroll to the right once the big picture is embedded. But if you were to choose Large as the size and then add width="100%" to the code that is embedded your pics would be the right size for everyone's screen. Here's an example, without the necessary <> before and after:

nabble_img src="IMG_0424.jpg" border="0" width="100%"/

Ron, is the picture you posted of your blue tailgate showing the correct Ford part? Or is that the incorrect 50's part from NPD? Just wondering if owners could still use it if the correct part isn't available.

Ron, is the picture you posted of your blue tailgate showing the correct Ford part? Or is that the incorrect 50's part from NPD? Just wondering if owners could still use it if the correct part isn't available.

Hi All

The photo shows location, but I'm using 5/8 hose for the bumper, The correct part would be a 7/16 square, 4' log strip of 70 duromerter, (Shore A) rubber.

NPD shipped me a triangle shaped piece, stating '80-'86

Will do better on the pix posting!

Hi All

The photo shows location, but I'm using 5/8 hose for the bumper, The correct part would be a 7/16 square, 4' log strip of 70 duromerter, (Shore A) rubber.

NPD shipped me a triangle shaped piece, stating '80-'86

Will do better on the pix posting!

Ron - You mean 4" long - right? And how do you know about it needing to be 70 durometer? And what is Shore A? I'm curious.

Anyway I'll hold off rewriting until you get new pics.