Bullnose Forums

Flareside tailgate part not on master parts book

reamer

Gary

Can you edit the tailgate page and add this?

Sheet metal Illustrations Section pg 13

NPD Catalog.

43020 Bumper, Tailgate.

80-87, F/side, pair.

Part number is F-40725

$3.95 a set

Thanks

Rembrant on FTE found this, I ordered a pair....

Ron - I need some help. I sorta kinda understand what you are asking me to do. I think what you are saying is that the illustration on Sheet Metal Page 3 doesn't show the tail gate bumpers that do show in the NPD catalog. But, I don't know where to put them.

So, here's my request. Please go to the tailgate page/illustrations tab and do a screenshot of the flareside bed illustration that I've now added - thanks to you telling me where it is in the catalog. Or, download the illustration here: Flareside_Bed_Illustration.thumb.jpg.31ad696509782bbe7112f124ed4e6ab7.jpg And then use Paint to show me where those bumpers go. Then I'll edit my catalog page, so this doesn't get lost, and re-print the illustration to post on the tailgate page. Make sense?

Do ya one better here's a photo showing location. it is inserted/glued in the channel, so the tailgate does not wiggle while locked in position. So in the illustration, it's hiding in the channel.

Ok, I understand. Thanks! My plan is to add an arrow pointing to where those go and s few words with the arrow telling what the part is and where it can be found.

However, when I get the earlier version of the catalog on microfiche from Bill/Numberdummy we may have the actual part number.

IMG_0414.thumb.jpg.acfda03a8ae9458cc541f9fb702d34e7.jpg

Do ya one better here's a photo showing location. it is inserted/glued in the channel, so the tailgate does not wiggle while locked in position. So in the illustration, it's hiding in the channel.

Ok guys, I need an opinion or 12. I'm creating a new consolidated page for beds, oddly enough called Beds: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/beds.html. But it is not yet visible in the navigation menu as it would confuse folks since the pages under Exterior/Bed Components are still in place. The plan is to put everything about beds on one page using tabs, which makes it easier to navigate.

I've gotten it going, including Ron's suggested addition of the Flareside tailgate bumpers (please go look). I've gotten the Illustrations tabs done, but am needing opinions on the approach. The plan was to have Illustrations and Part Numbers as the tabs at the top, and then within Illustrations to have Beds, Tailgates, and Box Rails. Then within Part Numbers to have Beds, Tailgates, and Box Rails again. But that makes the user find the part number in the Illustration tab, scroll back up and click on the Part Number tab and hope he can remember the number.

So, would it be better to have the tabs at the top level be Beds, Tailgates, and Box Rails and then within each tab have both the illustrations and the parts lists? An example of doing it that way is the Box Rail page.

Ok guys, I need an opinion or 12. I'm creating a new consolidated page for beds, oddly enough called Beds: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/beds.html. But it is not yet visible in the navigation menu as it would confuse folks since the pages under Exterior/Bed Components are still in place. The plan is to put everything about beds on one page using tabs, which makes it easier to navigate.

I've gotten it going, including Ron's suggested addition of the Flareside tailgate bumpers (please go look). I've gotten the Illustrations tabs done, but am needing opinions on the approach. The plan was to have Illustrations and Part Numbers as the tabs at the top, and then within Illustrations to have Beds, Tailgates, and Box Rails. Then within Part Numbers to have Beds, Tailgates, and Box Rails again. But that makes the user find the part number in the Illustration tab, scroll back up and click on the Part Number tab and hope he can remember the number.

So, would it be better to have the tabs at the top level be Beds, Tailgates, and Box Rails and then within each tab have both the illustrations and the parts lists? An example of doing it that way is the Box Rail page.

Well, thanks to your excellent help on how to design the page :nabble_smiley_wink:, I've done the following:

• Added a lot of part numbers in the tailgate section

• Deleted the Box Rails, Tailgates, and Tailgate Handles pages, and redirected those pages to the Beds, Tailgates, & Components page

So, I think I'm done with that section for the moment, although someone might want part numbers for the bed parts. What do y'all think?

Hello?

HELLO?

Looked over the edit you did about the bumpers, Looks great, just what we needed.

Thanks

Ron

Thanks, Ron. But that "edit" turned into a major redo of that section. I realized that there was a much better way to do it, so took the opportunity to consolidate 4 pages into one, and add some content at the same time. Feels much better to me - hope it does to you.

Thanks, Ron. But that "edit" turned into a major redo of that section. I realized that there was a much better way to do it, so took the opportunity to consolidate 4 pages into one, and add some content at the same time. Feels much better to me - hope it does to you.

I don't have a photographic memory of how it was before, but I definitely like the way it is now. I did not realize that Ford offered bed rails as a factory option! Do we have photographs of this somewhere?