Bullnose Forums

Hello from Alberta

Gregsbf

Greg,

That truck is SUPER clean! :nabble_smiley_cool:

Amazing it comes from Canada.

Seems a lot of people are interested in the Sniper FI.

I'd expect delay wipers in a truck as optioned as yours.

Mine came as a lowly 'Custom' and has them.

The switch and governor are a popular and easy 'upgrade' and can be found in almost ALL Broncos of similar vintage.

We have an explanation for your photo problem in the 'posting pictures' FAQ.

It comes down to, this forum doesn't read camera orientation -or any metadata-

You need to open the photo on your device and 'save' in the correct orientation.

Then choose that file when you upload pics.

Thanks. I really lucked out when I found it. Even 20 years ago most of them were getting rough up here. Interior was, and is pretty mint. Biggest problems are that 80s paint, and all the holes the guy put in the box. I'm guessing it was an older guy and only mostly used it in the summer.

Dang I thought my delay wipers were unique. 😄

I'm hopeful for the Sniper. With the weather up here it may be a while before I get a chance to drive and tune it much.

Thanks for the picture tips. I'll look into that a little more.

Cheers and merry Christmas.

Greg

Greg,

They were an option in the Bullnose trucks, but in my experience they were rare. It would have a lot to do with all of the lower trim trucks we had out here on the east coast, but in all of the Bullnoses I have ever looked at here, I have never seen one with factory delay wipers. Now...in the 1987-up trucks, some of those options started to become more standard.

Greg,

They were an option in the Bullnose trucks, but in my experience they were rare. It would have a lot to do with all of the lower trim trucks we had out here on the east coast, but in all of the Bullnoses I have ever looked at here, I have never seen one with factory delay wipers. Now...in the 1987-up trucks, some of those options started to become more standard.

I have never seen another one either, but as I said these trucks are getting so rare now. Plus I had mine for a while before I even discovered them so I likely didn't ever check any of the other trucks I'd been around. Lol

I have never seen another one either, but as I said these trucks are getting so rare now. Plus I had mine for a while before I even discovered them so I likely didn't ever check any of the other trucks I'd been around. Lol

These trucks can have tilt wheel and delayed wipers and some people will never know.

These trucks can have tilt wheel and delayed wipers and some people will never know.

Very nice truck! Mine was built 08/86 in Canada. As near as I have been able to find, all crew cabs of that era were built in Oakville Ontario. Darth was originally an F350 XL, had tilt wheel, intermittent wipers, but manual windows and locks and an open rear (non-limited slip). Funny that some people never know things about their vehicles. I bought a 1990 F250 as a parts truck for mine to change to EFI and E4OD. Owner said the wiper switch was bad and to be careful turning it off as the stop was broken. I got in, turned the key on and the wiper switch counterclockwise and they wipers proceeded to wipe, pause, wipe, pause. His reaction, "damn, you mean I owned that truck for 5 years and never knew it had intermittent wipers!".

Very nice truck! Mine was built 08/86 in Canada. As near as I have been able to find, all crew cabs of that era were built in Oakville Ontario. Darth was originally an F350 XL, had tilt wheel, intermittent wipers, but manual windows and locks and an open rear (non-limited slip). Funny that some people never know things about their vehicles. I bought a 1990 F250 as a parts truck for mine to change to EFI and E4OD. Owner said the wiper switch was bad and to be careful turning it off as the stop was broken. I got in, turned the key on and the wiper switch counterclockwise and they wipers proceeded to wipe, pause, wipe, pause. His reaction, "damn, you mean I owned that truck for 5 years and never knew it had intermittent wipers!".

Haha that was like me. I probably owned the truck for several months before I accidentally turned the wiper switch to far back and discovered the feature. Then I had to check our 84 that we owned from new but it did not have it.

Tilt is concealed quite well in these too. To me it's normal but most people have no idea.

Greg,

Greg, good to have you! Nice truck! Did I read you have a 408 stroker motor in there? Windsor based? Looks like you're a Mustang guy too. We have a couple things in common.

Stang.jpg.f962e02f7f9553afc1dfa609bdee04ca.jpg

Greg,

I really do not get how Ford equipped our trucks back in the day. My truck is an LX and I have the tilt wheel and delay wipers. As I recall, didn't come with the premium sound system. No tachometer. Has roll up windows and rubber matt flooring.