Bullnose Forums

A Little Help From My Friends - Stress Test

Gary Lewis

At 12:00 CST, meaning basically in two hours from now, I am going to run a stress test on the TEST forum. Not this forum, but the TEST one that you get to here: http://bullnose-enthusiasts-forum.7.gabbleforum.org/. (Click that link and I think you'll be automagically logged in. Do NOT use the link in the menu as it doesn't seem to let you log in.)

I need anyone that will to go there right at 12:00 CST and look at everything for 5 minutes. Don't worry about posting as that doesn't really take much bandwidth or CPU cycles, although you can if you want. But run searches, which probably take the most CPU. Load pages as fast as you can. Click from page to page. Don't bother to read as that doesn't load the server. Maybe load up the first page of Big Blue's Transformation, go to something else, and come back again.

Please join me in hitting it hard for 5 minutes.

Will do!

Would it help to have a few tabs open with some of the larger multi-page topics going? Not too many where you have stagnant tabs, but maybe 2-3 so at least one will always be loading the next page/search etc

Good idea!!! Yes, that would help. But doing searches may be the most CPU-intensive things to do.

Thanks!

Will do!

Would it help to have a few tabs open with some of the larger multi-page topics going? Not too many where you have stagnant tabs, but maybe 2-3 so at least one will always be loading the next page/search etc

Good idea!!! Yes, that would help. But doing searches may be the most CPU-intensive things to do.

Thanks!

And, by the way and I'm sure you know this, just having the tabs open doesn't require anything on the server end. But refreshing them does. And then clicking any links shown on that page, and the next, and the next.

Plus, searches take CPU more than displaying pages. So the pecking order is probably searches, then serving up pages with lots of pics or documents (Big Blue's Transformation Pg 1 for instance), then pressing "Post Message", and last would be for you to read a page or type a response.

So, if you want to you could respond with one-word responses and post them. You can post on any of the threads ON THE TEST FORUM and not hurt anything. But ONLY ON THE TEST FORUM. We'll wind up writing over the test forum before we go live, so nothing that gets posted will be saved.

So, I'm going to have several tabs open and responses typed in on them that include pics and documents. Then I'll hit Post Message on each of them a few seconds after noon and then do searches, click on links, etc.

And, by the way and I'm sure you know this, just having the tabs open doesn't require anything on the server end. But refreshing them does. And then clicking any links shown on that page, and the next, and the next.

Plus, searches take CPU more than displaying pages. So the pecking order is probably searches, then serving up pages with lots of pics or documents (Big Blue's Transformation Pg 1 for instance), then pressing "Post Message", and last would be for you to read a page or type a response.

So, if you want to you could respond with one-word responses and post them. You can post on any of the threads ON THE TEST FORUM and not hurt anything. But ONLY ON THE TEST FORUM. We'll wind up writing over the test forum before we go live, so nothing that gets posted will be saved.

So, I'm going to have several tabs open and responses typed in on them that include pics and documents. Then I'll hit Post Message on each of them a few seconds after noon and then do searches, click on links, etc.

Desktop loaded up for rapid searches amongst tabs, mobile loaded for some picture posting on WHYDTYTT!

No problem, Cory. How's the recovery going?

Oh good Gary. It was 730am Tuesday morning, so I'm past the 72 hr mark now and starting to come around OK. Went for my first short drive today to go to the mailbox and grab some treats for the dogs lol. No heavy lifting for a while, so my truck work is going to be moving at a slow pace for the next several weeks.