Bullnose Forums

New Test Forum Is UP!

Gary Lewis

We now have an instance of our forum's software, Nabble, running on Amazon Web Services' Lightsail servers. :nabble_anim_jump:

It is based on a backup I made from this, the production forum, this afternoon, so anyone that was a member at that time should be able to click on the New Bullnose Test Forum at the top right of the menu and check it out.

You can post on that forum, but be aware that it is all throwaway. IOW, nothing posted there will come here. It is just there for test purposes.

But please go check it out. The Lightsail servers are much less expensive than the full-blown AWS servers that were racking up a pretty sizable monthly bill until we shut them down. However I hope these servers will be plenty fast enough as well as reasonably priced.

If in our testing they appear to be hunky dory then maybe Pedro can fix the email problem which prevents us from getting email notifications - of anything, such as new members registering or people posting. That's the main thing stopping us from migrating to the Lightsail servers from Nabble.

So, please check and let me know.

I can browse and that is working well but it's not letting me login to try out posting.

I had some problems with that initially. But you really shouldn't have to log in again. It is a backup of this forum only a few hours old, so the ID and PW should be the same.

In my case I'd changed my password and had forgotten that.

I had some problems with that initially. But you really shouldn't have to log in again. It is a backup of this forum only a few hours old, so the ID and PW should be the same.

In my case I'd changed my password and had forgotten that.

Well, bummer! Now I'm not logged in. :nabble_anim_confused:

Yes, and I replied.

I can't log in via the New Bullnose Test Forum link, but can via the link above. :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

I tried it, worked good, didn’t post.

I went to Big Blues Transformation thread, it takes awhile to load that with the pictures and diagrams and such on this server. It took a few seconds to load but I could scroll down and see everything right away.

I tried it, worked good, didn’t post.

I went to Big Blues Transformation thread, it takes awhile to load that with the pictures and diagrams and such on this server. It took a few seconds to load but I could scroll down and see everything right away.

Thanks, Dane. I timed loading the first post of Big Blue's Transformation thread on here and it took 8 seconds. On the Lightsail servers it took 2 seconds, or maybe a bit less.