Bullnose Forums

HVAC Doors help

old55pete

Steve, sorry about the health related issues. Glad you're doing well though.

I rebuilt my door. The OEM part you purchased was like $125 when I was looking for it and knowing it would eventually fail, I was prompted to address the repair with a better hinge. So, with you having the new door, not sure what you need. It looks like you're there already. Door slides in, hooks to the lever on the vacuum actuator and is secured by three or four screws. Your old broken blend door should have those nut plates on it. Am I missing something in your request? I can probably provide some pictures.

Curious, can I ask what that new blend door was?

Ohhhh....while you have all that apart, can you shoot a picture of where the ground is for the fuel tanks? My gauge is not working and I'm told there is a ground back behind the radio.

John, even tho it is a "new" door, I want to see what you guys did to repair yours and add that repair to my new door so I wont have to ever worry about it again.

This "New" door was listed for 65.00 but not through TASCA.

Yes, I will take that ground picture and post it tomorrow

John, even tho it is a "new" door, I want to see what you guys did to repair yours and add that repair to my new door so I wont have to ever worry about it again.

Sorry to hear about the health issues, at least the weather looks ok for you to tackle this. It is on my list for the spring.

Welcome back and sorry to hear about the other. Check out that link I added in post #4 of this thread. That will get you all the photos you need.

I wouldn't do anything to your new one though. If you are wanting to make the 'fix' modifications, do that to your broken one.

Welcome back and sorry to hear about the other. Check out that link I added in post #4 of this thread. That will get you all the photos you need.

I wouldn't do anything to your new one though. If you are wanting to make the 'fix' modifications, do that to your broken one.

Steve - So sorry to see you have health issues. Especially of that magnitude.

But I agree with Scott - do you mods to the old door. The mod will put the pivot point in a different location than the hinge if you use the new door. That's because the two hinges can't be in the same location. And that may cause the door to bind.

Steve, the best source for how to repair the blend door is on the FTE forums. Kyle, the gentlemen that did it, posted up a full tutorial on it and I took from it. Interestingly, he did not pull the dash away like we did and I wasn't even going to attempt his approach in that. A few more bolts and it pulls away to remove the duct work. Regardless, his tutorial and the door rebuild is on the site linked below. I did my repair exactly as he did his. Just scroll down till you find it. It worked out great for me!

Here's the link: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1486377-how-to-repair-the-ac-vent-door-hinge.html

I think I may still have some of the hinge I used to make that repair left. Shoot me an email with your address and I'll send it to you.

Steve, the best source for how to repair the blend door is on the FTE forums. Kyle, the gentlemen that did it, posted up a full tutorial on it and I took from it. Interestingly, he did not pull the dash away like we did and I wasn't even going to attempt his approach in that. A few more bolts and it pulls away to remove the duct work. Regardless, his tutorial and the door rebuild is on the site linked below. I did my repair exactly as he did his. Just scroll down till you find it. It worked out great for me!

Here's the link: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1486377-how-to-repair-the-ac-vent-door-hinge.html

I think I may still have some of the hinge I used to make that repair left. Shoot me an email with your address and I'll send it to you.

Got it, thanks John.