Bullnose Forums

Little Joe

Ask and you shall receive.PB110002.thumb.jpg.b4238bc6f95706bf1e56dbdac21b1e6f.jpgThis is the first thing I did to it. Only getting about 8 MPG with feedback carb and sensors unhooked/missing. So I found a NOS distributor & carburetor, ordered a new Motorcraft module, a new coil,cap,rotor and found a good harness. Mileage is better but not great.

P1130005.thumb.jpg.661e5f15d54e9f66741b455148a5b590.jpgPA110011_(2).thumb.jpg.e1018d6fc59412bf697b858070365356.jpg Left is "day 1" The seat wasn't terribly bad but I had these buckets and console and they are brand new. (Long story) You can see a little vegitation growing out of the floor mat. I thought the windshield was leaking and it was cracked so I had a new one installed. Turns out the cowl is leaking so the "new" carpet will have to wait. I have scored the newer perforated cowl vent and have it painted, so now just waiting for warm weather. Also installed the burlwood dash parts.

P1190003.thumb.jpg.8d5ec2cdb8dfcb51a230bb5d4785e219.jpgP1190001.thumb.jpg.a61a3c3ce7b2aa68c839127e63981110.jpgThese are the most recent pictures. Different wheels, new tires, new tail lights, gas fill door, a rear bumper and my stainless steel toolbox. Haven't taken pictures of everything, the "new" headliner and sun visors are in, new burl wood horn button, clock, dome light with map lights, hubs an rotors off of the "new" truck (0 miles on them) and new brake pads,(couldn't use the "new" pads, calipers or spindles as the zero miles truck is a 93 and they are different) new moog ball joints and all new tie rods and adjusters. Still to install, the "new" muffler and tailpipe, and the rear end and front gear set out of the "new" truck which besides giving me gears with zero miles on them will also go from 3.00:1 to 3.50:1.

Anything else on "Little Joe" I will post over in Projects.

Only getting about 8 MPG with feedback carb and sensors unhooked/missing. So I found a NOS distributor & carburetor, ordered a new Motorcraft module, a new coil,cap,rotor and found a good harness. Mileage is better but not great.

You mentioned getting ~8 mpg prior to the Duraspark conversion. That reminded me of my early experiences: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1325963-gas-mileage-recipe-4-9l-300-a.html

Thanks for this information, I ran across it when searching to do the Duraspark conversion but never could find it after that. The truck is getting around 11mpg right now and for the time being that

is ok. I don't drive it very much or very far but eventually I'll get back to tinkering with it.

• 1 month later...

Wow! That's a lot of work - good work. :nabble_smiley_good:

Hope I get to meet Little Joe in September. :nabble_smiley_wink:

000_0077.jpg.c0b060d6b07f46a33dec38461c6a8115.jpgLittle Joe doing his first actual work. That turned out to be just a little under a ton of scrap. That plus the weight of the trailer was all he wanted. I'm thinking maybe I will have to leave him at home in September and bring my other Ford truck.000_0082.jpg.3c4b4ac0d387d0312cb864d6e351f93c.jpg Slingblade.

Little Joe doing his first actual work. That turned out to be just a little under a ton of scrap. That plus the weight of the trailer was all he wanted. I'm thinking maybe I will have to leave him at home in September and bring my other Ford truck. Slingblade.

How much are you bringing in Sept? :nabble_anim_confused:

LOL! Either would be good. Slingblade looks to be a truck as well, but unless those pipes have mufflers in them you'll be deaf before you get to OK.