Bullnose Forums

Member's Map?

Hey Gary, You can move me to Decatur, TX that's just NW of Dallas? Please and Thank You!

That way I'm closer to home.. :nabble_smiley_good:

Oh, and "Yes" I'm willing to help! Usually I'm the one needing help but there will always be a first for me to be able to help someone else in person. :nabble_smiley_grin:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Gary, You can move me to Decatur, TX that's just NW of Dallas? Please and Thank You!

That way I'm closer to home.. :nabble_smiley_good:

Oh, and "Yes" I'm willing to help! Usually I'm the one needing help but there will always be a first for me to be able to help someone else in person. :nabble_smiley_grin:

Done, Don. (I originally thought about placing you in Plain 'O Texas. I just can't help it, that's what I think ofwhen I see Plano. And I also love "Humble Texas". Yeah, right. :nabble_smiley_evil:)

Done, Don. (I originally thought about placing you in Plain 'O Texas. I just can't help it, that's what I think ofwhen I see Plano. And I also love "Humble Texas". Yeah, right. :nabble_smiley_evil:)
I use to live near Humble also when I was near Houston.  It's actually spoken as Umble. The "H" is silent...

Plan 'ol Texas is near me now...  That's a good one that I didn't think of before.

I personally loved Cut and Shoot, TX!! 

On Sat, Apr 7, 2018, 13:43 Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

We used to live in Katy so know how to say Umble. But I still snicker when I say it. :nabble_smiley_evil:I've never been to Cut and Shoot, but have seen it on the map. Gotta go some day.
I use to work for Katy ISD!  I loved in Magnolia.

Glad I moved though.  I don't miss the humidity! 

Ever go to Kenny and Ziggy's in the Galleria? 

On Sat, Apr 7, 2018, 15:05 Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Yes, it is humid. Haven't been to Kenny and Ziggy's, but have been to the Galleria. We miss Dirty's, the Papa's restaurants (and the ones in IAH are not the same), and The Taste Of Texas.

Come down and visit cause we have them in the Dallas area. Papa's, Papasito's, Pappas Burgers and Papadeaux's.

We decided on the Dallas area to settle in. It's half way between Humidity/Hurricanes and Tornado alley. :nabble_anim_claps:

Come down and visit cause we have them in the Dallas area. Papa's, Papasito's, Pappas Burgers and Papadeaux's.

We decided on the Dallas area to settle in. It's half way between Humidity/Hurricanes and Tornado alley. :nabble_anim_claps:

Don - Sounds like eating heaven!

All - I think the Member's Map is here to stay. So, I've made some changes to it:

First, I made an executive decision and did away with the Willing To Help label on the map so everyone is equal. I suspect most, if not all, of us are willing to help and not having that label implies one isn't.

Second, given the map I'd like to do away with the listing of members on the Willing To Help thread. In fact, I think we ought to rename the thread Member's Map. My thinking is that's the thread I'd like to use to have people sign up for being on the map. But, I'd like to hear from y'all on that, please.

Third, I've put the map on a page on the website: Bullnose Forum/Member's Map

Forth, I've played around with the width of the map on the Member's Map page: . I now have it just about as wide as it can go w/o losing something - as far as I can tell. So, please try it on various devices and see what you think.

Fifth, I've changed the link that comes up if you click on a person's pin. Now, instead of going to the page about a person and from there having to click on the Email link, I've placed the email link within the pin. So, there's one less step. But, in doing so I realized that the email link cannot be used by non-members. And, I like that as my priorities are to Bullnose Forum members.

Don - Sounds like eating heaven!

All - I think the Member's Map is here to stay. So, I've made some changes to it:

First, I made an executive decision and did away with the Willing To Help label on the map so everyone is equal. I suspect most, if not all, of us are willing to help and not having that label implies one isn't.

Second, given the map I'd like to do away with the listing of members on the Willing To Help thread. In fact, I think we ought to rename the thread Member's Map. My thinking is that's the thread I'd like to use to have people sign up for being on the map. But, I'd like to hear from y'all on that, please.

Third, I've put the map on a page on the website: Bullnose Forum/Member's Map

Forth, I've played around with the width of the map on the Member's Map page: . I now have it just about as wide as it can go w/o losing something - as far as I can tell. So, please try it on various devices and see what you think.

Fifth, I've changed the link that comes up if you click on a person's pin. Now, instead of going to the page about a person and from there having to click on the Email link, I've placed the email link within the pin. So, there's one less step. But, in doing so I realized that the email link cannot be used by non-members. And, I like that as my priorities are to Bullnose Forum members.

Only issue I see, is if I click on the one over my name it takes me to Vinny's Buckroe Beach info??? If I blow it up and use the list, then it works perfectly, so that is the solution.