Bullnose Forums

New Member "James84"

James84

I recently retired from 20+ years in the Military.

I live in South Western Oregon.

I picked up on a good deal ($500) for a 1984 F-350 Regular Cab Flatbed Dually 4x4 w/7.3L idi Diesel. She runs great, has no rust, and I am currently working on trying to bring the interior bezel and dash to fully functioning (replacing indicator lights, cracks, and paint).

1115171417.jpg.d2829e30a62d58a4dc61123bc9e0536d.jpg

1115171418.jpg.6a6869c33d38686f847f42b8cd4cd7fe.jpg

I do plan on repainting. I also have a nearly complete 87 F-250 4x4 with a 300 I6 which I will likely part out. I want to replace my T-19 with a ZF-5 and possibly look into changing the rear diff gears to find higher freeway speeds.

1115171418b.jpg.fd3374fd6ba5c40e2a4477e6b5ff407c.jpg

That's my blurb.

Yes, welcome! :nabble_anim_handshake:

That's a great buy on the truck. Absolutely fantastic. I look forward to following a build or restoration thread.

It's awesome to be able to pass-it-on. This is one of the best things about technology. Back when my 84' truck was made on the assembly line, I was a senior in High School. My truck would have been "cherry". I look forward to sharing maybe parts and knowledge while refinishing this truck! Thanks.

Thanks. I appreciate all the decades of knowledge thru you folks on this forum. :nabble_anim_claps:

Did he say "decades"???? Ouch!!! :nabble_smiley_hurt:

I took it to mean when our experience is all added up it amounts to several decades worth.

Having said that, I am 7 decades old, but have less than one decade's worth of Ford knowledge. So I don't contribute much to the overall knowledge level.

• 2 weeks later...

I took it to mean when our experience is all added up it amounts to several decades worth.

Having said that, I am 7 decades old, but have less than one decade's worth of Ford knowledge. So I don't contribute much to the overall knowledge level.

Gary, Got it right! Accumulated experience. I'm 51, haven't had to work on a vehicle for more than 24 yrs while in the military. This kinda work is therapeutic like some folks enjoy gardening. It does involve a lot of scraped knuckles and band-aids tho :nabble_smiley_ninja:

I'm 51, haven't had to work on a vehicle for more than 24 yrs while in the military. This kinda work is therapeutic like some folks enjoy gardening. It does involve a lot of scraped knuckles and band-aids tho :nabble_smiley_ninja:

I like that, it IS therapeutic!

I'm 51, haven't had to work on a vehicle for more than 24 yrs while in the military. This kinda work is therapeutic like some folks enjoy gardening. It does involve a lot of scraped knuckles and band-aids tho :nabble_smiley_ninja:

I like that, it IS therapeutic!

I like the comparison to gardening. You get dirty. It is therapeutic. And beautiful things come from it. :nabble_smiley_good: