Bullnose Forums

Test Of Embedding A Video

That's strange. It takes several seconds, probably to load up the 45 Mb file, and then goes to it and away from the forum. :nabble_anim_confused:

It takes you away from the forum and then you have to hit the back arrow at the top left to get back to the forum, but not back to the thred

It takes you away from the forum and then you have to hit the back arrow at the top left to get back to the forum, but not back to the thred

Yep, that's what I'm seeing as well. Thanks, Steve.

Edit: This time the back arrow took me back to this thread.

Anyway, this doesn't appear to be the best way to post videos. :nabble_smiley_scared:

Yep, that's what I'm seeing as well. Thanks, Steve.

Edit: This time the back arrow took me back to this thread.

Anyway, this doesn't appear to be the best way to post videos. :nabble_smiley_scared:

I would agree that it doesn't seem to be the best way to link a video. But I see nothing. It has the two lines of text, with a link in the top line that takes me to the post with the YouTube link. But below that is just several inches of blank white space.

If I "reply" and "quote" your original post I can see the link (in Nabble-ese). But it doesn't show up in the post for me.

I would agree that it doesn't seem to be the best way to link a video. But I see nothing. It has the two lines of text, with a link in the top line that takes me to the post with the YouTube link. But below that is just several inches of blank white space.

If I "reply" and "quote" your original post I can see the link (in Nabble-ese). But it doesn't show up in the post for me.

Bob - I suspect you didn't wait long enough. The file is ~45 Mb so it takes a while to show up, and until it does you have a big white spot.

Gary, it may not matter since the verdict is already in, but I cannot access the embedded video on my phone. There is just a big blank spot in the post. I gave it a good 10 minutes. I thought maybe it was a cellular data issue, so I tried again using the house wi-fi and it was no different.

Gary, it may not matter since the verdict is already in, but I cannot access the embedded video on my phone. There is just a big blank spot in the post. I gave it a good 10 minutes. I thought maybe it was a cellular data issue, so I tried again using the house wi-fi and it was no different.

Thanks, Jonathan. I had t tried it on my iPhone X and it doesn’t work on it either. Obviously a poor idea. 😩