Bullnose Forum

How is everybody, What are your truck plans for the new year

Hi everybody, I haven't been my usual rambling self lately. I work in a supermarket and the holiday season is nothing short of H E Double Hockey Sticks for me. Just want to say hi and see how everybody is doing and what everybody's truck plans are for the new year.. I'm going to use my end of year bonus to get Brutus either a behind the seat shelf organizer, or a tool box for the bed and some new carpet.

I got Brutu's front tag in. Got it from pictureitonthis.com. When i was getting ready to throw the envelope away, i felt something in it, they also sent me my tag on a small refrigerator magnet. Pretty cool.

20201121_062701.jpg.7fa58c01eab5da17833bad577b2222d2.jpg

It's finally cold here in Louisiana and getting ready to put up the Christmas decorations and have been working on Holiday music on my favorite instrument, the Hammond B3 Organ

Morning, George & Nick!

As said, I like that tag! And, I liked the music. Put me in the spirit!

I can only imagine what working in a supermarket would be like these days. Wow, that has to be busy!

And my plans for Big Blue are to work on him and then drive him. Work on him and then drive him. We had so much fun last Tuesday on our outing that we are planning another, soon. So I plan my work to have him ready to go, although right now most of the work is done off the truck and then installed.

But our trips are the "very cautious" types. We take our lunch and don't go in any place. If we stop for gas I then use hand sanitizer to ensure I don't bring germs from the pump's handle.

Glad you started this thread as I'm curious what others are doing as well.

Morning, George & Nick!

As said, I like that tag! And, I liked the music. Put me in the spirit!

I can only imagine what working in a supermarket would be like these days. Wow, that has to be busy!

And my plans for Big Blue are to work on him and then drive him. Work on him and then drive him. We had so much fun last Tuesday on our outing that we are planning another, soon. So I plan my work to have him ready to go, although right now most of the work is done off the truck and then installed.

But our trips are the "very cautious" types. We take our lunch and don't go in any place. If we stop for gas I then use hand sanitizer to ensure I don't bring germs from the pump's handle.

Glad you started this thread as I'm curious what others are doing as well.

Gary, it's kind of the same with us, work on the truck, drive it, work on it, drive it. depending on whats going on with the covid, we may be going to a gathering with the F150 mafia , louisiana chaptor next month.

Gary, it's kind of the same with us, work on the truck, drive it, work on it, drive it. depending on whats going on with the covid, we may be going to a gathering with the F150 mafia , louisiana chaptor next month.

Good morning all have the 83 f100 apart new paint, grill, front fenders,and dash pad winter project at a farmer friends we buy hay from trailer loads that is, oh and original door mirrors

Hey, nice thread for the new year! Looking forward to saying goodbye to 2020.

Worked 11 years for Albertson's and am very familiar with life in the grocery business. It was harder back in the day, as there was no UPC code scanning, everything had to be marked. They didn't supply us with those powered pallet jacks either, everything was manual. No union, so if you were salary, you worked lots of hours. I'd leave sometimes after midnight and have to be back in at 4 am. Most of my weeks were 60 plus hours a week. During the holidays and inventory, I'd work 70-80 hours/wk. I don't look fondly on those days gone by and glad I got out of it. To this day, I can hardly walk into a grocery store. I hope it's better for you, my friend.

As to the truck, pulling the factory rubber flooring and installing carpet, new floor mats, seat console, fixing the fuel gauges, having the spray in bed liner touched up, and putting new tint on the windows. That will probably do it for awhile.

Work, drive, work, drive.

My list is something like this

Brakes.

Steering

Transmission?

Front end rebuild much further down the road

Hopefully by the spring my wife and I will have bought a property out here and I will be using the truck to haul lumber, concrete, drywall.

Right now Im sweeping chimneys and installing woodstoves so we work 9 and 10 hour days and hopefully get a slow down after the new year, but people are at home a lot these days and they seem to like making fires.

As always, I appreciate this forum and everyones efforts to make it and keep it a friendly community. I wont get on my soap box but I think we all know how rare that is these days.

Brakes.

Steering

Transmission?

Hopefully by the spring my wife and I will have bought a property out here and I will be using the truck to haul lumber, concrete, drywall.

Right now Im sweeping chimneys and installing woodstoves so we work 9 and 10 hour days and hopefully get a slow down after the new year, but people are at home a lot these days and they seem to like making fires.

As always, I appreciate this forum and everyones efforts to make it and keep it a friendly community. I wont get on my soap box but I think we all know how rare that is these days.

Maybe at some point next year I'll at least get the engine dropped off at the machine shop. I don't really want to start putting new parts on the truck elsewhere until the engine is done because I don't want the new parts to sit exposed to the elements while I'm waiting on the engine.

Brakes.

Steering

Transmission?

I want to replace my seat with one like the one in Nick's 1986 1/2 F150 and later on get a seat cover like he's got.

I want to replace my seat with one like the one in Nick's 1986 1/2 F150 and later on get a seat cover like he's got.

This next year, I hope to go through and restore the interior of the truck. I’ve got some holes in the floor that need fixed, air conditioning to get functioning, new carpet and sound deadening, behind the seat storage, get a new seat, get the radio functioning again, fix some leaks, and just a good deep clean in all the nooks and crannies. It’s a lot but thankfully I have most of what I need, just gotta find the time.

And of course fixing anything that breaks in the meantime

By the way, George and Nick, I like y’all’s truck! It looks good!

Only plan I have is to hopefully get my engine build finish this year. Would have been this year but the virus had other plans. Could try and do more this year if the IRS would get with the program and get my refund sent out but nope they started an audit when i filed in Feb then they shut down they sent me another letter saying 6 to 8 months in july when they opened back up and here it is December and still no refund. I hope they are adding daily interest to my refund since it is long past when I should have got it.