Bullnose Forums

1982 F150 4x4 Oregon

Looks good to me! That price around here would get you a truck that needs full body work, and probably a patch or two on the floor and frame...lol.

Yeah, and I’m putting down the price!

Grumpin,

I can't remember, are you in NorCal or Southern Oregon?

Southern Oregon. About 20 miles north of NorCal!

Right. That sure is a beautiful area. I'm sure I mentioned it to you before, but I used to have a friend in Myrtle Creek, OR. Funny, but I met him on a forum just like this back almost 20 years ago. My employer at the time had me traveling all over the US, and it allowed me to make business and personal trips to the PNW. Anyway, I haven't talked to him in years, but he was one of those real hardcore outdoorsy guys...all he cared about was fishing and hunting, and maybe 4x4 trucks too...lol. A trip to Portland absolutely killed him...he hated having to leave his area!

Anyway, he took me fishing quite a bit, and river boating, etc. Spent a little time over near the coast around Port Orford, I think. Then on one of my drives south to CA (had a big customer in Sacramento), I took the long way and drove from Grants Pass down to Crescent City, CA...what an amazing drive down through there and along the PCH, etc. Just wow. I always tried to take the scenic routes whenever I could.

Don't know if I'll ever make it back, but I sure do have fond memories of southern Oregon and the PNW in general. With all of those nice condition old trucks on Craigslist, and the nice climate, I'd plant my ass over there in a heartbeat!

Right. That sure is a beautiful area. I'm sure I mentioned it to you before, but I used to have a friend in Myrtle Creek, OR. Funny, but I met him on a forum just like this back almost 20 years ago. My employer at the time had me traveling all over the US, and it allowed me to make business and personal trips to the PNW. Anyway, I haven't talked to him in years, but he was one of those real hardcore outdoorsy guys...all he cared about was fishing and hunting, and maybe 4x4 trucks too...lol. A trip to Portland absolutely killed him...he hated having to leave his area!

Anyway, he took me fishing quite a bit, and river boating, etc. Spent a little time over near the coast around Port Orford, I think. Then on one of my drives south to CA (had a big customer in Sacramento), I took the long way and drove from Grants Pass down to Crescent City, CA...what an amazing drive down through there and along the PCH, etc. Just wow. I always tried to take the scenic routes whenever I could.

Don't know if I'll ever make it back, but I sure do have fond memories of southern Oregon and the PNW in general. With all of those nice condition old trucks on Craigslist, and the nice climate, I'd plant my ass over there in a heartbeat!

I have this picture on the window sill in my garage. Elk River, Oregon. We stayed in Port Orford that night, so it was over in that area. This would have been around 2004.

IMG_3212.jpg.a58cd2a7cb9e0c9bb924dec52d5872d2.jpg

It is beautiful. I was making weekly trips to Coos Bay Oregon, this last Monday was the last.

So, I had been going through Myrtle Creek once a week. I know some folks from Camas Valley who are like that, hate to leave the area. My boys played sports with theirs. One of their sons is a guide in Alaska now. My wife showed me a picture of him and customers the other day with a huge bear they had got. They have some good stories!

I have this picture on the window sill in my garage. Elk River, Oregon. We stayed in Port Orford that night, so it was over in that area. This would have been around 2004.

That is awesome. Big fish in those rivers over there!

When I was working on helicopters logging out deep in the bush, if there was a creek or river nearby I would fish while the Skycrane was moving logs.

That’s how I got introduced to Washington, Oregon and NorCal was deep in the beautiful woods! I was born in Indiana, it was so flat that in the winter if you stood on a soapbox you could see your own butt!

That’s why I stayed, lived in Oakridge and Portland, definitely like it here away from most things.

Edit: we also logged some Port Orford Cedar, spent time in Port Orford and Gold Beach.