Bullnose Forums

Newer bench seat

Yipes! Those things have gotten like GOLD!

Yipes! Those things have gotten like GOLD!

I meant to ask if we still need seat measurements? And, if we do, exactly which measurements?

And, before answering, have you seen the page at Documentation/Interior/Seat Interchangeability?

My opinion is that people should NOT drill holes in the floor pan and space up with washers to install different seats. From what I've seen the bolt holes in our trucks are reinforced, although others have said otherwise. And if you drill and shim at the very least you should reinforce the floor at the bolt holes.

I've said this before, but there have been many cases in other vehicles of the floor pan breaking around the bolt holes if people drill holes and don't reinforce. I've not heard of that on the Bullnose trucks, but I believe that will eventually be the case. So I highly recommend you do not do that.

I meant to ask if we still need seat measurements? And, if we do, exactly which measurements?

And, before answering, have you seen the page at Documentation/Interior/Seat Interchangeability?

My opinion is that people should NOT drill holes in the floor pan and space up with washers to install different seats. From what I've seen the bolt holes in our trucks are reinforced, although others have said otherwise. And if you drill and shim at the very least you should reinforce the floor at the bolt holes.

I've said this before, but there have been many cases in other vehicles of the floor pan breaking around the bolt holes if people drill holes and don't reinforce. I've not heard of that on the Bullnose trucks, but I believe that will eventually be the case. So I highly recommend you do not do that.

Joe - what is in your truck currently?

Thanks. I was assuming it was but wanted to confirm we didn't need to consider anything else that might impact the potential swap.

Oh ok. Yea. I don’t mind doing some floor work so it will work and be safe. I just want to make sure a newer 40 20 40 seats will fit.

Oh ok. Yea. I don’t mind doing some floor work so it will work and be safe. I just want to make sure a newer 40 20 40 seats will fit.

Not looking like we have a good personal experience answer yet on the 98+ so measurements may be it.

Gary has a 2015 SuperCrew, I have a 2015 SuperCab, and no doubt others on here have other years.

Someone (Scatch?) mentioned awhile back a site that now sold seats and a universal base. Can't recall if that was LMC nor do I recall if that was bucket only. Even if a bench I doubt it had a center 3 point. I just wonder if that base could be easily modified vs making your own.