Bullnose Forums

Controlling engine timing with a smart phone...

An alternative here, I once had one on a VW, are very cool.

https://www.123ignition.de/123-ignition-de/zuendverteiler-ford-mustang-351w-windsor-bluetooth.aspx

Max

I can’t leave well enough alone and put in a coil per plug system in mine. It’s way overkill but I needed to make some changes and I like learning new things so I went for it. Similar to that system, I can control timing completely. Comes with a built in MAP sensor to tune with that in mind too. It’s got real good throttle response and is very nice to be able to sit in the truck and tune everything from the laptop. But I won’t hijack this thread, I’ll do a write up in my project thread “Old School Cool” soon for all interested.

I can’t leave well enough alone and put in a coil per plug system in mine. It’s way overkill but I needed to make some changes and I like learning new things so I went for it. Similar to that system, I can control timing completely. Comes with a built in MAP sensor to tune with that in mind too. It’s got real good throttle response and is very nice to be able to sit in the truck and tune everything from the laptop. But I won’t hijack this thread, I’ll do a write up in my project thread “Old School Cool” soon for all interested.

Interesting, but one thing I like about my truck is that there’s not a computer on it.

I can already do that on Darth and Gary will be able to once he gets the EFI system up and running. It's called Binary Editor and is designed to reflash the EEC-V systems.