Bullnose Forums

Kentucky

I've known many people in my life. There are about 10 men who I have had the pleasure and honor of personally knowing who are TOP quality. Gary Lewis is one of those men. Gary was there for me when I moved to Oklahoma and started my family. I was broke. Paying school loans, beginning a career, one income, a wife and two kids. I bought an old 86 F150 to haul some grass cutting equipment to make a little extra cash. Little did I know I was on a course to meet Gary Lewis.

Of course I had problems with the truck and quickly found myself on another forum looking to solve my problems. Gary was there with advice. We were complete strangers. I noticed he lived only 20 minutes down the road. Gary offered his shop, his tools, his time, his food and drink to me. What a guy.

Gary helped me rebuild a lot of things on that old 86 Bullnose, and I am grateful. He even let me store it in his driveway when we moved home to Kentucky. I eventually came back to get it.

Gary has inspired me to do the same. Now that I am doing much better financially, I am building my own shop (larger than Gary's mwahahaha!!). Once complete I hope to do the very same things, build a Chevy (OH MY GOD....GASP) Get-to-gether group and work on vehicles that I love, with people in my town of Taylorsville KY. I may even buy back that old F150 from my uncle someday.

Gary, I am glad to see you have your own place dedicated to the trucks we all know and love. Its great to see your personality in a place that is more under your control. Thank you for your inspiration and thank you for being such a kind man. You are setting a great example for us all.

About me? Not much to know really.

Ray - Welcome! Glad you are here. And, by the way, there are places on here where you can tell us about your non-Ford projects. After all, I'm headed out in a few minutes to drag back a Chevy - which Ford's do easily :nabble_anim_blbl: - and I've documented that project.

But, I think your memory has embellished things a bit. Glad I could help, but don't think I deserve that kind of praise. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Ray - Welcome! Glad you are here. And, by the way, there are places on here where you can tell us about your non-Ford projects. After all, I'm headed out in a few minutes to drag back a Chevy - which Ford's do easily :nabble_anim_blbl: - and I've documented that project.

But, I think your memory has embellished things a bit. Glad I could help, but don't think I deserve that kind of praise. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Well....I don't think I embellished much. Maybe you didn't realize just how much you were helping me out then.

I will have a look around the forum and maybe I should document my garage build, and my THREE chevys here huh? lol. :nabble_smiley_good:

Gary has inspired me to do the same. Now that I am doing much better financially, I am building my own shop (larger than Gary's mwahahaha!!).

Will your shop have a milling machine, lathe, blast cabinet, air compressor with refrigerated drier, built-in vacuum system, built in air lines, powder coating booth & oven, storm shelter room, ample work area, microfiche towers, sinks, refrigerator, bathroom, vehicle lift, A-M-P-L-E storage, sealed floors, full attic with 800+# overhead crane, fully air conditioned [upstairs and downstairs], security, office area with computer with dual screens, library area, etc., etc., etc.??? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Gary has inspired me to do the same. Now that I am doing much better financially, I am building my own shop (larger than Gary's mwahahaha!!).

Will your shop have a milling machine, lathe, blast cabinet, air compressor with refrigerated drier, built-in vacuum system, built in air lines, powder coating booth & oven, storm shelter room, ample work area, microfiche towers, sinks, refrigerator, bathroom, vehicle lift, A-M-P-L-E storage, sealed floors, full attic with 800+# overhead crane, fully air conditioned [upstairs and downstairs], security, office area with computer with dual screens, library area, etc., etc., etc.??? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Eventually...yes. Here is the beginning of it. Pic taken last night. Oh, and I have a 16' projector screen for movie nights for the kids and their friends!!

raysgarage.jpg.1eecfbf3a275fdc00d6939a42296c9e9.jpg

Eventually...yes. Here is the beginning of it. Pic taken last night. Oh, and I have a 16' projector screen for movie nights for the kids and their friends!!

Ray - I really didn't know it was that big of a deal for you. I was just happy to help someone.

David - I didn't realize what I have. Wow!

Ray - I really didn't know it was that big of a deal for you. I was just happy to help someone.David - I didn't realize what I have. Wow!
Gary. Yes, you did make an impression on me. When we lived in OK I didn't know anyone outside of my wife's family. I was used to knowing everyone in my hometown in KY. Of all the people I met, you were the most kind, and the most like the people I grew up around. So yeah, your willingness to help really left an impression on me. I had NO ONE but myself to rely on when I needed to get the job done. Then there was good ol'e Gary Lewis! Now that I am a few years away from living there, I look back and remember only the best things about OK, Gary's Garage and working on old trucks is definitely a part of that.

I understand you are a humble man, so I will stop tootin' your horn. But its nice to be appreciated isn't it? Hopefully I'll see you later this year Gary!  

Ray Cecil

918-508-9816

https://grabcad.com/ray.cecil-1

www.linkedin.com/in/ray-cecil-b862805b

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 10:19 PM, Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote: