Bullnose Forums

C6 slow to go when cold

grumpin

Good to hear, the tranny that is.

Getting some warmer weather for this time of year so maybe I’ll get the tranny serviced this week or next.

Ive been following this thread and used some additive. Good results for now, wish I knew about this stuff before. At some point I should drop the pan but Im not looking forward to it.

Im curious what "servicing" we can do short of rebuilding? Im a gear grinder so I really know very little about automatics.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been following this thread and used some additive. Good results for now, wish I knew about this stuff before. At some point I should drop the pan but Im not looking forward to it.

Im curious what "servicing" we can do short of rebuilding? Im a gear grinder so I really know very little about automatics.

Drove my truck to church today. Talking with a few gents after the service, mentioned that I want to work on my truck and why.

One guy says sounds like it’s low on fluid, I said that’s what I thought. As I’m walking to the truck I’m thinking I checked it, right??

Well, I didn’t. Thought I did! :nabble_smiley_blush:

Serviced it with the Lucas additive I had bought when I bought the filter and fluid. Man, I didn’t remember how thick that stuff is. It was in my unheated garage, which might have gotten up to 30° today.

I’m grateful, the tranny is most likely ok and I can service it and put the new pan on in warmer weather.

I’ll update on the tranny not engaging right away.

Drove my truck to church today. Talking with a few gents after the service, mentioned that I want to work on my truck and why.

One guy says sounds like it’s low on fluid, I said that’s what I thought. As I’m walking to the truck I’m thinking I checked it, right??

Well, I didn’t. Thought I did! :nabble_smiley_blush:

Serviced it with the Lucas additive I had bought when I bought the filter and fluid. Man, I didn’t remember how thick that stuff is. It was in my unheated garage, which might have gotten up to 30° today.

I’m grateful, the tranny is most likely ok and I can service it and put the new pan on in warmer weather.

I’ll update on the tranny not engaging right away.

How low can you go? :nabble_smiley_wink:

No, being a bit low doesn't seem to hurt the tranny. But it can create problems - like yours. Hope refilling it and including the additive does the trick.

How low can you go? :nabble_smiley_wink:

No, being a bit low doesn't seem to hurt the tranny. But it can create problems - like yours. Hope refilling it and including the additive does the trick.

Just don’t do what I did and overfill it by accident. It still works but when I serviced it I noticed the tranny donated a lot more glitter this time:nabble_smiley_wink:

Just don’t do what I did and overfill it by accident. It still works but when I serviced it I noticed the tranny donated a lot more glitter this time:nabble_smiley_wink:

Yes, I drove it then checked it warmed up and idling. Need to add a quart later today.