Bullnose Forums

Truck Of The Month Thoughts

Machspeed

Just posted my truck up.....easy peasy! Love that it shows the picture without clicking in. This will make it easy for me to pick and catoragize different trucks for TOM. What I posted up is kinda what I'm looking for.

Now to add more trucks. How do you suggest we do this, Gary?

I like the fact that you are trying to make it more appealing John. Adding more then one picture and a description of the truck and mabey something about the owner.

One of the things I have noticed about the TOM is the dismal amount of folks that actauly vote. The current TOM has had 54 visits and 12 votes. Much like our national elections, we have 4.5% of the people deciding on the truck of the month. It could be that adding a little more info will get more folks to stay long enough to vote on one.

I like the fact that you are trying to make it more appealing John. Adding more then one picture and a description of the truck and mabey something about the owner.

One of the things I have noticed about the TOM is the dismal amount of folks that actauly vote. The current TOM has had 54 visits and 12 votes. Much like our national elections, we have 4.5% of the people deciding on the truck of the month. It could be that adding a little more info will get more folks to stay long enough to vote on one.

Really like the idea of adding more pictures and a more in depth description. Many have done a lot of different things to their trucks and being able to showcase more is exciting. The stories behind the trucks are just as interesting to me as the pictures.

IMO I’d include partially or unfinished projects. Most of us are in that stage anyways and looking at Dad’s truck, I don’t care if it’s years from being done, it is very cool. It could give some of us an extra nudge to keep working on our projects.

Really like the idea of adding more pictures and a more in depth description. Many have done a lot of different things to their trucks and being able to showcase more is exciting. The stories behind the trucks are just as interesting to me as the pictures.

IMO I’d include partially or unfinished projects. Most of us are in that stage anyways and looking at Dad’s truck, I don’t care if it’s years from being done, it is very cool. It could give some of us an extra nudge to keep working on our projects.

Thanks fellas! Thanks for you input.

Jacob, that is exactly what I'm thinking and for all the same reasons. Not just about the pictures but the story behind them. The story may make a bigger difference than the pictures. So, I would want all members trucks. Remember too, I'm going to try and categorize the entries.

I would want some specifics: 2-3 pictures, name of owner, name of truck if applicable, location/state, year of truck, how long owned.

Desirable information for entry: Interest in the Bullnose Ford, intriguing story on truck, plans for truck, etc.

I touched on all this in my introductory post. I'm going to encourage the moderators to put their own trucks in.

I guess my question is how do we get this information from new members and what's the best way to go about getting it to me. I'm thinking as they are admitted the admitting moderators ask about it, much like we do when we ask them if they want to be on the map.

Thanks fellas! Thanks for you input.

Jacob, that is exactly what I'm thinking and for all the same reasons. Not just about the pictures but the story behind them. The story may make a bigger difference than the pictures. So, I would want all members trucks. Remember too, I'm going to try and categorize the entries.

I would want some specifics: 2-3 pictures, name of owner, name of truck if applicable, location/state, year of truck, how long owned.

Desirable information for entry: Interest in the Bullnose Ford, intriguing story on truck, plans for truck, etc.

I touched on all this in my introductory post. I'm going to encourage the moderators to put their own trucks in.

I guess my question is how do we get this information from new members and what's the best way to go about getting it to me. I'm thinking as they are admitted the admitting moderators ask about it, much like we do when we ask them if they want to be on the map.

John - I'm happy to do that for my trucks. However, could you take a look at what I have in the show write-ups and let me know if you want me to revise, write a story, or what else needs to be done?

I'll do whatever you want, just need to know what that is.

As for the map, we decided some time ago that asking a bunch of things in the intro email wasn't getting us what we wanted, so now we just ask for things like the map once they are "in".

John - I'm happy to do that for my trucks. However, could you take a look at what I have in the show write-ups and let me know if you want me to revise, write a story, or what else needs to be done?

I'll do whatever you want, just need to know what that is.

As for the map, we decided some time ago that asking a bunch of things in the intro email wasn't getting us what we wanted, so now we just ask for things like the map once they are "in".

John this all is sounding very good to me as well. I think it is a good idea about the stories, although if you do decide to go this rout, i would want to rewrite mine but generally be the same thing. also my truck show pics are rather out of date now. The truck is almost to a point where no physical changes are going to be happening anymore with the exception of the correct tail lights and new bigger tires. you may also get some ideas if you go to my thread " Brutus's progress in pictures "