Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco 351 4x4 - Code name Esperanza

Gsmblue

I used to use both of those. But now I am back to long old school lists..

New problem: seats.

Now, I have done some reading and not really found what I need.

The seats are high backs that recline and have 2 arm rests each.

The passenger seat is in usable condition.

The driver side is a disaster. I have pulled it apart and found:

1. that the foam seat cushion is molded around the frame.

2. The frame has cracked on the underside at what appears to be 2 factory weld points.

So my questions are:

1. Is is possible to replace the foam? Do I just Peel it off the frame and stick in the spare good cushion I have?

2. Is it worth welding the seat frame?

3. Where is it possible to find like replacements?

I can post pics later when I get home.

Those are the seats I have had reupholstered for Dad's truck. (Twice, but we won't go there.) My guy replaced the foam, but I don't know how he did it.

I used to use both of those. But now I am back to long old school lists..

New problem: seats.

Now, I have done some reading and not really found what I need.

The seats are high backs that recline and have 2 arm rests each.

The passenger seat is in usable condition.

The driver side is a disaster. I have pulled it apart and found:

1. that the foam seat cushion is molded around the frame.

2. The frame has cracked on the underside at what appears to be 2 factory weld points.

So my questions are:

1. Is is possible to replace the foam? Do I just Peel it off the frame and stick in the spare good cushion I have?

2. Is it worth welding the seat frame?

3. Where is it possible to find like replacements?

I can post pics later when I get home.

If your local junkyard does not have any, you might at least try online junkyard parts searches.

When I was helping my Czech friend with his truck, he wanted to replace the wrong era bench seat in his ‘86 Supercab with right era high back captains chairs. He searched online junkyards and found a good pair with a console at a junkyard in Idaho. He also got a OEM stereo and a couple pieces of interior trim. The junkyard shipped it freight to me in Arizona on a half pallet and it was very reasonable. I want to say it was ~$75 for the shipping. I think the total for parts and freight was ~$350? Not inexpensive, but not horrific and they were in good usable condition. Just a thought.

I have a good pair but they are the wrong color. I have looked at having them reupholstered, I have looked without luck for quality covers, and I have thought about sewing new covers myself. At the end of the day I am left wondering if it wouldn’t be cheaper to just find a good pair online since I don’t need restoration quality.

If your local junkyard does not have any, you might at least try online junkyard parts searches.

When I was helping my Czech friend with his truck, he wanted to replace the wrong era bench seat in his ‘86 Supercab with right era high back captains chairs. He searched online junkyards and found a good pair with a console at a junkyard in Idaho. He also got a OEM stereo and a couple pieces of interior trim. The junkyard shipped it freight to me in Arizona on a half pallet and it was very reasonable. I want to say it was ~$75 for the shipping. I think the total for parts and freight was ~$350? Not inexpensive, but not horrific and they were in good usable condition. Just a thought.

I have a good pair but they are the wrong color. I have looked at having them reupholstered, I have looked without luck for quality covers, and I have thought about sewing new covers myself. At the end of the day I am left wondering if it wouldn’t be cheaper to just find a good pair online since I don’t need restoration quality.

So, this happened today day...A3DDD3A0-E75E-4ECB-AD08-A607291AC5A7.jpeg.5f78576f055a96b6b73f86c104c45129.jpeg

7D2EBEAA-86F6-4B72-9EC4-8416A81CF024.jpeg.c594f6f59129f1b6635c89a9a8935087.jpeg

B447E6B6-B8BB-4C98-A6F0-D71E38BF9770.jpeg.fc3efc5cb010260a7da30259ed3fc9a6.jpeg

The top fell off! :nabble_smiley_evil:

So, are you going to keep it that way for a while? Or are you cleaning or working on things?

Lol!

It is going to be 80+ here this weekend so keeping the top off for a few days. It is kinda heavy so it may stay off longer!

Everything is running pretty good right now, but that list is still there... I have to do some work on my house and thought I would let my wife enjoy driving as is for a bit 😎

All the roof seals need replacing of course...

Lol!

It is going to be 80+ here this weekend so keeping the top off for a few days. It is kinda heavy so it may stay off longer!

Everything is running pretty good right now, but that list is still there... I have to do some work on my house and thought I would let my wife enjoy driving as is for a bit 😎

All the roof seals need replacing of course...

She's going to enjoy it, but you may not get it back. :nabble_smiley_wink:

She's going to enjoy it, but you may not get it back. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I have been driving it around all day, so much fun!! The wife might not even get a go!

The roof was held on by 5 bolts... that explains all the rattles!