Bullnose Forums

Interior Vent Kick Panel Water Coming In

Rmorcom33

Just bought trim.MOV5DE3D9A2-47BB-418E-B612-8F26B3C8185A.thumb.jpeg.21064209acbc8fda1960ef869954ba04.jpeg86 F150 Stepside. 4x4 with AC. Driver Side Air Vent kick panel has water coming in when washing her. Passenger side does not. Driver side I can see right through to the fender wall. Passenger side I cannot. First, is there a true name to this panel/vent? Am I missing a piece to go inside the vent? Will put a new gasket on but that wont stop the water. Neither will closing the vent like some A-hole told me. Lol. Thanks for the help. Bobby

Bobby - Nice looking truck, so why not include it in the thread?As for the water coming in, do you have a block-off plate like this screwed to the cab?Or is it open like this?Or, do you have the slide vents like this?
I posted both video and photo of the truck. Your site doesnt seem to want to play the video. Attached here again with new photos. image0.thumb.jpeg.4df64620f47dd6fcdc7e7140d514d24d.jpegimage1.thumb.jpeg.f308afb436260d145018de4b042225cc.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone

You can't easily post a .mov on here. The way I do it is to put the video on Youtube and then get the "embed" code and put it here. BUT, you have to tick the box above/left that says "Message is in HTML Format" to make that work.

Here's your video:

So, you have vents in the kick panels. But you shouldn't have water coming in there. My guess is that the "duck bill" is plugged. That is a screwed to the outside of the cab and is between the back of the fender and the cab. Here's the one on Dad's truck, but getting yours off will require pulling the rear of the fender liner away and reaching up between the cab and fender. However, if you pull that kick panel vent you will probably be able to vacuum out a whole bunch of crud that is blocking that vent.

Duck_Bill.thumb.jpg.fd7ef019749278daece608547f711818.jpg

You can't easily post a .mov on here. The way I do it is to put the video on Youtube and then get the "embed" code and put it here. BUT, you have to tick the box above/left that says "Message is in HTML Format" to make that work.

Here's your video:

So, you have vents in the kick panels. But you shouldn't have water coming in there. My guess is that the "duck bill" is plugged. That is a screwed to the outside of the cab and is between the back of the fender and the cab. Here's the one on Dad's truck, but getting yours off will require pulling the rear of the fender liner away and reaching up between the cab and fender. However, if you pull that kick panel vent you will probably be able to vacuum out a whole bunch of crud that is blocking that vent.

And, by the way, you are replying via email. That's not the recommended way of replying as it copies in a whole bunch of the preceding message unless you specifically delete it. The best way of replying is to click the link right below "If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:" That will take you into the forum and you'll see the other person's post and you can reply.And, you can also see all of the junk that gets copied in when you reply via email. But, this is your thread so you get to chose how to respond. Just bear in mind that some may not want to read the thread with the extraneous stuff in it, so that might limit the help you get. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Driver side I can see right through to the fender wall. Passenger side I cannot.

You can't see the fender through these vents on either side. The area those vents open to is boxed in, like an internal channel in the cab. If you CAN actually see the fender through there, then something is wrong.

I'd look closely at the bottom of the cowl trough. Look down through the cowl vents around the wipers. It's common for the trough floor to rust, and there's a bead of seam sealer in there that dries and cracks after a while.

Get somebody to hold the hose outside the cab while you look to see where it's coming in.

Here's your video:

Oh, my bad...I just watched the video...If it's actually coming out of the vents then yes that duck bill is blocked, and the whole cavity must be full in there. I just cleaned this area out on my 1980 today and there was a big pile of leaves in there.

Here's your video:

Oh, my bad...I just watched the video...If it's actually coming out of the vents then yes that duck bill is blocked, and the whole cavity must be full in there. I just cleaned this area out on my 1980 today and there was a big pile of leaves in there.
I cleaned that area on Big Blue last week some time and was surprised how much stuff was in there. Don't know how long the pin cushion cowl has been on, but the leaves and other stuff had to have gotten in before it was put on, so they've been there quite some time.

I cleaned that area on Big Blue last week some time and was surprised how much stuff was in there. Don't know how long the pin cushion cowl has been on, but the leaves and other stuff had to have gotten in before it was put on, so they've been there quite some time.

Great info guys. TY TY TY. Keep you posted