Bullnose Forums

Clean 1983 Ford F-250 XL 4×4 on BAT current bid $15,000

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very clean! No tach (thanks Dane - now I can't help but look :nabble_smiley_tongue:).

Not discounting how nice it is, but I am with you Cory - surprised this one is bringing 15k already.

Definitely rolled off the line expecting life as a work truck.

Looking forward to seeing how high it goes.

Very clean! No tach (thanks Dane - now I can't help but look :nabble_smiley_tongue:).

Not discounting how nice it is, but I am with you Cory - surprised this one is bringing 15k already.

:nabble_anim_claps:

:nabble_anim_claps:

What kills it for me is that it's still a light duty F250. But at least it's a well optioned one (460, C6, 4x4, 8600 GVWR), rather than a choked out 302/AOD/4x2/6400 GVWR version like my parts truck. I don't think I'd pay $15k for anything without a full-float axle or F350 badges, but I'd be too afraid to drive the thing anyway. :nabble_smiley_wink:

16 grand with a day to go. That's impressive.

Top dollar seems to go to mint* F250 4x4's, F150 short wheelbase trucks in Lariat or XLT trim, and Broncos.

Still, the bidding on this one is impressive considering it does not have AC.

I always get a kick out of watching them argue about Bullnose "value" on Facebook. Although prices do vary wildly across the US, one thing is fairly consistent regardless of location...auction sale prices.

If I was a betting man, I would have put money down that this truck would have cracked 10 grand, but barely. I probably would have guessed at $11,000.

Maybe the Bullnose values are starting to edge up...

16 grand with a day to go. That's impressive.

Maybe the Bullnose values are starting to edge up...

I think the Bronco values are headed north rapidly, partially due to the new Bronco coming out. And I believe that's going to take the value of all Bullnose trucks north as well. Not at the same rate by any means, but it is going to "help".

I put "help" in quotes as I'm not sure I want the prices to go up. On the one hand that means our trucks are more popular, and that is good for a number of reasons including that parts may become more available. Like the trim pieces that are so hard to find - if the trucks are popular the manufacturers will see a market and make them.

On the other hand, that means that buying these trucks is going to get more expensive. And we'll be asking ourselves if we should modify them as that might decrease the value. :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Gary, look at the video of the cold start and drive. There is a clear shot of the passenger side kick panel vent and you can compare that to Big Blue, to see what was visible, originally.

I can send pictures of this if Gary needs it. Both of mine are blue and Non-AC.

Gary, look at the video of the cold start and drive. There is a clear shot of the passenger side kick panel vent and you can compare that to Big Blue, to see what was visible, originally.

I can send pictures of this if Gary needs it. Both of mine are blue and Non-AC.

David - I see what you mean. While I only got a quick view of the vents it looked black behind the slider’s slot. Is that what you mean?

I got both vents on yesterday, but forgot to put the black tape on the driver’s side. 😩 It is so hard to get to the upper screws due to the e-brake pedal I think I’m going to play like there’s no problem. The e-brake pedal somewhat obscures the view, so I think it’ll be fine.

Cory - Thanks, but I don’t think I need the pics.