Bullnose Forums

C6 may be toast, need some wise opinions

Jacob84

You remember the modulator rod? I saw a video on this the other day... there's a rod in the vacuum modulator that if you loose, you'll loose your tranny pressure (and eventually burn the transmission to the ground. The pin can be remade from some TIG filler rod or other thin rod of the appropriate diameter

Bit about the Vacuum Modulator and the easily lost rod of doom (and how to make a new one):

Another relevant video (same guy, different C6 rebuild)

If you lost the pin, hope you didn't burn it up... :nabble_smiley_oh:

Bingo! The new modulator didn’t come with a new rod and when I pulled the original the rod flew out and I didn’t see it. I was watching some C6 teardown videos and came across the exact one you recommended. Saw his warning about the rod. Pulled the modulator, no rod. Searched around in the driveway and there it was. Got it in and it’s much better.

The fluid is very dark and the transmission still has issues but now I have some more time and don’t have to rush to a decision.

Bingo! The new modulator didn’t come with a new rod and when I pulled the original the rod flew out and I didn’t see it. I was watching some C6 teardown videos and came across the exact one you recommended. Saw his warning about the rod. Pulled the modulator, no rod. Searched around in the driveway and there it was. Got it in and it’s much better.

The fluid is very dark and the transmission still has issues but now I have some more time and don’t have to rush to a decision.

:nabble_smiley_good:

Glad you fixed it. Hope it holds you by for a while.