Bullnose Forums

Fuel Tank

Dutch

No, just the side.

That will add a little complexity to it :nabble_smiley_beam:

You'll need the two top straps (look like the side tank straps) and the two bottom ones. Those are wider and thicker. Skid plates will also work. Routing the filler/vent hose, extending the wiring, and fuel line can all be done but will just take time.

To all - do the single tank trucks have the needed crossmember? All my pickups are dual tanks but I know on my c&c trucks they didn't have the second from the rear crossmember if they were single tank.

That will add a little complexity to it :nabble_smiley_beam:

You'll need the two top straps (look like the side tank straps) and the two bottom ones. Those are wider and thicker. Skid plates will also work. Routing the filler/vent hose, extending the wiring, and fuel line can all be done but will just take time.

To all - do the single tank trucks have the needed crossmember? All my pickups are dual tanks but I know on my c&c trucks they didn't have the second from the rear crossmember if they were single tank.

Scott - I don't know about that crossmember, but it is a good question. I'm going to guess that they don't, but that is just a guess. Ford didn't put things in that weren't needed, and it wouldn't be needed in a single-tank truck.

Don’t think so Scott. The 1995 F150 I just disassembled for the chassis was a rear tank only truck, and it has a crossmember that my 1984 (side tank only) does not have. Both are swb trucks, but my ‘84 does not have the crossmember for a rear tank. It has a bolted in crossmember for the spare tire to hit but it is completely different.

Don’t think so Scott. The 1995 F150 I just disassembled for the chassis was a rear tank only truck, and it has a crossmember that my 1984 (side tank only) does not have. Both are swb trucks, but my ‘84 does not have the crossmember for a rear tank. It has a bolted in crossmember for the spare tire to hit but it is completely different.

Thanks guys.

So Dutch, there will be some sourcing of parts needed but the plus side is that you won't have to take the truck out of commission for the majority of the project.

I'll sell what I have for 1/2 of what it lists for, plus shipping. Tomorrow I'll see what I have and let you know. And I'll post pics of what I have.

Ok, here's what I have, all new:

• Spectra Premium F26D: This is the 38 gallon fuel tank that goes behind the rear axle. The only place I can find it is at Summit and they don't technically have it but say they'll get it to me by 11/30 for $201 + $10 shipping. And it comes with the installation kit that includes the parts and instructions to extend the pickup so it'll reach the bottom of the tank. But, I no longer have the box, although it was just cardboard, so that shouldn't be a problem.

• Sending Unit: I have a new in box 43-4044 sending unit, which came from LMC, and this page on their site says it is $60 but I can't figure out what the shipping cost would be. Also, this is for a truck with an engine-mounted fuel pump.

• Anti-Squeak Set: This appears to be the insulation that goes between the straps and the tank. It is listed at $5.

Bottom line is that the list price for the stuff would be $201 + $60 + $4 = $265. As said, I'll sell it at half the list price or $133. But the shipping is on you and I know that the tank is going to be fairly expensive given its size and weight.

I can supply pics if you are interested.