Bullnose Forums

Fuel Tank

Dutch

My tank is leaking and I would like to install a 38gal tank between the rear frame, I know I will need to relocate spare.

Has anyone done this? I found a 38gal tank on eBay. What straps will I need? Sending unit?

Relocate filler tube?

Thanks, Dutch

Are you looking at the F26D? It's been awhile since I've researched it but it comes (or used to) with the hardware needed to drop the straps (or plates) lower and extend the pickup.

Here is a link I bookmarked awhile back.

In addition to the spare, will you need to reroute your exhaust?

Are you looking at the F26D? It's been awhile since I've researched it but it comes (or used to) with the hardware needed to drop the straps (or plates) lower and extend the pickup.

I actually have one, basically new in box, and it looks like it came with the hardware but I don't know that for sure. And I think I have the sending unit and the extension kit for it. Could make you a deal on it.

I don't know concerning the exhaust. However my tail pipe rusted off and I was going to take the truck to a local guy who is always priced right. I will now wait until I replace the tank either with the 38gal or the original side mounted 16.5gal. Time is of the essence, needs done ASAP.

Thank You for the link, good info.

I actually have one, basically new in box, and it looks like it came with the hardware but I don't know that for sure. And I think I have the sending unit and the extension kit for it. Could make you a deal on it.

That would be great Gary. Remember I will be replacing a side mounted tank, filler door in front of the wheel well.

The tank on eBay, just the tank, is $135.00.

What amount would make you want to part with the tank, hardware & sending unit?

That would be great Gary. Remember I will be replacing a side mounted tank, filler door in front of the wheel well.

I'll sell what I have for 1/2 of what it lists for, plus shipping. Tomorrow I'll see what I have and let you know. And I'll post pics of what I have.

Oh wait. So you don't currently have a rear tank at all?