Bullnose Forums

Door Panels & Interior Handle Boots

I looked for those "door grommets" when I repainted my door panels but found nothing. Even newly purchased door panels don't seem to come with them.

They seem to be "hen's teeth" rare. Green Sales has like one or 2 for one side and 4 for the other. Not sure the color - minght have to paint them. I'm going to just wait and see. I've got to get the seat redone before I can buy door panels.

They seem to be "hen's teeth" rare. Green Sales has like one or 2 for one side and 4 for the other. Not sure the color - minght have to paint them. I'm going to just wait and see. I've got to get the seat redone before I can buy door panels.

Maybe you can soften yours up and get them off and back on? I think Armor-All might do it?

Maybe you can soften yours up and get them off and back on? I think Armor-All might do it?

I was thinking maybe a hair dryer to warm them and not melt them like a heat gun could. Armor all might be like a thread solvent and be a good idea early to help soften as well.

I was thinking maybe a hair dryer to warm them and not melt them like a heat gun could. Armor all might be like a thread solvent and be a good idea early to help soften as well.

Armor-All won't hurt, but the hair dryer sounds like a good idea as well. :nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks, David!

Didn't read through the whole post - but thought i'd add that i've never seen nutmeg panels with studs. This is in conflict with your theory Gary as this is a 1981 and 82 specific color :nabble_smiley_whistling:.

Perhaps location factored in? Me and my parts are west coast based...

Didn't read through the whole post - but thought i'd add that i've never seen nutmeg panels with studs. This is in conflict with your theory Gary as this is a 1981 and 82 specific color :nabble_smiley_whistling:.

Perhaps location factored in? Me and my parts are west coast based...

My 81 with nutmeg interior has the grommet style also in nutmeg color. I have had the door panels off numerous times and do not remember there being any studs but was not specifically looking for them so I guess I could have missed them. The panels have been in the truck since I acquired it in Dec of 87 as far I know they are the ones that came factory with the truck.

My 81 with nutmeg interior has the grommet style also in nutmeg color. I have had the door panels off numerous times and do not remember there being any studs but was not specifically looking for them so I guess I could have missed them. The panels have been in the truck since I acquired it in Dec of 87 as far I know they are the ones that came factory with the truck.

Interesting. So the grommets might have been used as early as '81. When was your truck produced and in what plant?

Typically on things like this, I microwave some water and put them in it for a minute or so. Softens rubber and vinyl up real good.