Bullnose Forums

Door Panels & Interior Handle Boots

Gary, by the way, would you be interested in the door pockets from the 88 parts truck, they are the same as Brutus, but red

George - Thanks, but I think we'll stay with the '85/86 door pockets that we already have. They are in good shape. (Now, if the 6x9 speaker thing had worked out that might have been a different story as I'd disable the mid & tweeter and use it as a sub.)

As for checking the other door panels, please do. We might as well get as much info on this as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting, Shaun. So the '82 panels, at least the ones you have, don't have studs. But, according to the MPC all of the '82 door panels had an E1 prefix. But Dad's 1981 door panels have studs. :nabble_anim_confused:

EDIT: Wait! There are two whole rows of panels that don't have part numbers, just the black star that says they were all discontinued. So, is it possible those had an E2 prefix and didn't have the studs?

On eBay, there are some green panels, which appear to be from a 1982 [E2TB-1023890-BW] and have no studs.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-TRUCK-F-150-250-350-MANUAL-DOOR-PANELS-GREEN-OEM-1980-1986/154197328179?hash=item23e6e08133:g:mhkAAOSww6lfsnYw

Gary, by the way, would you be interested in the door pockets from the 88 parts truck, they are the same as Brutus, but red

George, what do those 88 door pockets look like and do you know if they would swap right in to an 86 without drilling holes?

I have my OEM still but the elastic is wore out in them and the pockets sag.

• 9 months later...

Interesting. Thanks, David. :nabble_smiley_good:

Dragging this thread back out. Since I am going to have to replace door panels, wondering how to find these grommets/boots. I'll be ordering Dennis Carpenter panels, since they supposedly fit the chrome trim best. MY doors look like the grommets and I don't remember studs on the back. The existing ones are awfully stiff - I figure they may break if I attempt to remove - would like to have new if possible.

So can these be bought anywhere?

Or maybe just slit a piece of inner tube to slide the door handle through? How to attach that to back of door? Leave it off completely?

Is it possible to find the flat carpet panels anywhere? I don't need or want map pockets really. These are bound on the bottom and ends. Driver side isn't too bad but passenger side is warpy/bent - not sure right word there. I don't have any good photos.

Photo of panel in my 81. I have no idea if it's original or not. Looks like the grommet

IMG_20210828_162047406.jpg.e7f9378c60d55cfc106c6f784c12e722.jpg

Dragging this thread back out. Since I am going to have to replace door panels, wondering how to find these grommets/boots. I'll be ordering Dennis Carpenter panels, since they supposedly fit the chrome trim best. MY doors look like the grommets and I don't remember studs on the back. The existing ones are awfully stiff - I figure they may break if I attempt to remove - would like to have new if possible.

So can these be bought anywhere?

Or maybe just slit a piece of inner tube to slide the door handle through? How to attach that to back of door? Leave it off completely?

Is it possible to find the flat carpet panels anywhere? I don't need or want map pockets really. These are bound on the bottom and ends. Driver side isn't too bad but passenger side is warpy/bent - not sure right word there. I don't have any good photos.

Photo of panel in my 81. I have no idea if it's original or not. Looks like the grommet

If you are ordering door panels you need to determine if they have the studs on the back. If not it would be hard to hold the earlier boot on, or even a piece of inner tube rubber. But I think you can use the grommet style on either door panel.

If you are ordering door panels you need to determine if they have the studs on the back. If not it would be hard to hold the earlier boot on, or even a piece of inner tube rubber. But I think you can use the grommet style on either door panel.

Where to find the grommets then? I may be using wrong search term, but I'm finding nothing yet. Still looking though.

This thread too. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1453585-door-grommets-2.html If I'm allowed to post - can't remember

Where to find the grommets then? I may be using wrong search term, but I'm finding nothing yet. Still looking though.

This thread too. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1453585-door-grommets-2.html If I'm allowed to post - can't remember

Found these carpet panels: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/lnd-122104 Amazon has a couple in blue as well.

I think you are looking for 10226A07 as the base #, and the prefix can probably be E2TZ through E6TZ, with the suffix determining the color. But you can paint them, which is what I did, with SEM and it holds nicely.

Or maybe David has found some? You might search the forum for that base part number or "door handle grommet".

I looked for those "door grommets" when I repainted my door panels but found nothing. Even newly purchased door panels don't seem to come with them.