Bullnose Forums

Door Panels & Interior Handle Boots

Interesting, Shaun. So the '82 panels, at least the ones you have, don't have studs. But, according to the MPC all of the '82 door panels had an E1 prefix. But Dad's 1981 door panels have studs. :nabble_anim_confused:

EDIT: Wait! There are two whole rows of panels that don't have part numbers, just the black star that says they were all discontinued. So, is it possible those had an E2 prefix and didn't have the studs?

Wish I still had those panels to document with. But as mentioned they were from a late 1982.

As we've discovered before, things were omitted in the parts catalogs, like the 1980-only shift boots.

Wish I still had those panels to document with. But as mentioned they were from a late 1982.

As we've discovered before, things were omitted in the parts catalogs, like the 1980-only shift boots.

I am near the 82 F250 this evening so checked and it's the same as Shaun's.

Build date: 4/82

Inserts, no studs.

I am near the 82 F250 this evening so checked and it's the same as Shaun's.

Build date: 4/82

Inserts, no studs.

But, what kind of door panels, Scott? IOW, the MPC says that w/o woodgrain and w/o bright moulding is a 1981 part. But with bright moulding or with woodgrain the part number isn't shown. So I'm wondering if those with bright moulding or woodgrain was the new style w/o studs.

9916911.thumb.jpg.4ce5d9a853fd487e40290386f874aa18.jpg

But, what kind of door panels, Scott? IOW, the MPC says that w/o woodgrain and w/o bright moulding is a 1981 part. But with bright moulding or with woodgrain the part number isn't shown. So I'm wondering if those with bright moulding or woodgrain was the new style w/o studs.

Oh, I think you're onto it. These have the woodgrain panels (manual windows). Pretty sure they have the bright moulding but didn't really notice. Will try and remember to check tomorrow just so we have the data.

Oh, I think you're onto it. These have the woodgrain panels (manual windows). Pretty sure they have the bright moulding but didn't really notice. Will try and remember to check tomorrow just so we have the data.

Thanks. I'm not saying that the MPC is correct, but I think it gives us hints on how things may have happened.

Thanks. I'm not saying that the MPC is correct, but I think it gives us hints on how things may have happened.

If there are woodgrain panels, then there are bright moldings too. Bright moldings came standard on all 80-81 Ranger/XLT/Lariat and 82+ XL/XLT/Lariat trucks. Woodgrain panels only came on Ranger Lariat, and then XLT and XLT Lariat after 82. (Unsure of the bright moldings on Explorer package trucks)

So if we're looking for studs in 1982, we need to be looking at "Standard" trim trucks.

If there are woodgrain panels, then there are bright moldings too. Bright moldings came standard on all 80-81 Ranger/XLT/Lariat and 82+ XL/XLT/Lariat trucks. Woodgrain panels only came on Ranger Lariat, and then XLT and XLT Lariat after 82. (Unsure of the bright moldings on Explorer package trucks)

So if we're looking for studs in 1982, we need to be looking at "Standard" trim trucks.

Good points, Shaun. That makes it easier.

Edit: I plan on climbing the Microfiche Tower today and checking my 1982 MPC set to see what the part numbers are for the door panels that just have the star. May tell us something.

Good points, Shaun. That makes it easier.

Edit: I plan on climbing the Microfiche Tower today and checking my 1982 MPC set to see what the part numbers are for the door panels that just have the star. May tell us something.

I'll analyze this later, but here are the original part numbers and it looks like there were 1982 parts being introduced amoungst the 1980 and '81 parts during 1982. Will try to update the MPC later and then update the page on door panels from that.

1982_Door_Panels.thumb.jpg.aa9a782a0b222f7cab1bb6cf64d6d682.jpg

I'll analyze this later, but here are the original part numbers and it looks like there were 1982 parts being introduced amoungst the 1980 and '81 parts during 1982. Will try to update the MPC later and then update the page on door panels from that.

Gary. i still have brutus's original door panels somewhere. As i recall i dont remember seeing any studs on the back side of the panel. but if i can find them i will be happy to take a pic for you. they are the exact same panels as the ones the guy on ebay has.

Gary, by the way, would you be interested in the door pockets from the 88 parts truck, they are the same as Brutus, but red