Bullnose Forums

1984 Bronco XLT 351HO

This is the one I went to look at today. It's not bad, but it's not for me at this juncture in my life.

The good:

Smooth running 351 HO

Smooth NP435

4x4

Solid tailgate

Power windows

Power locks

Original radio, rosewood bezels, and climate control in amazing shape.

Upgraded bumpers and exterior molding

Dash is original and crack free.

Bench is still there

Center console is still there

Tach cluster

Cruise Control

The bad:

Typical fender rust cancer

All trim panels front and back are chalked pretty bad

Window seals are worn and door seems look iffy.

It is not "unmolested" as stated. There has been some hack work into the climate control hence the two switches under the dash.

Under the hood he said the AC was not hooked up (no belt). Actually most of the lines were missing, there was no compressor or brackets. Behind the battery is a juice can behind that a plastic vacuum canister and the AC dryer. It appears the AC stuff was removed and the smog stuff was disconnected.

https://myrtlebeach.craigslist.org/cto/d/myrtle-beach-1984-ford-bronco-xlt/7218701776.html

You made the right decision as that doesn't match your desires/plans. Well done. Not everyone will walk away in those circumstances.

Yep for the right price it's a good project truck for someone. My search continues. I do have a friend with a 92 who is asking for some help. Has hinted he may want to offload his. It's a bit more solid allbiet missing it's too and having some starting issues.