Bullnose Forums

Behind-The-Seat Storage Unit Price?

Do any of you have a clue what a behind-the-seat storage unit would go for. One of my friends on here is selling me one, but we don't know what it is worth and I'm not finding anything online for them.

Here's a pic of the unit. It is made of plastic and it going to work very well for Big Blue. The inverter will go in the slot on the left and there will be plenty of room for other goodies.

Behind_The_Seat_1.png.bc1ec0793eda7939409a7bc7281b7399.png

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that the OEM one? I thought they were metal, black, with a rounded top? Or am I thinking of the rifle storage? 🤷‍♂️

No, it isn't the OEM one, which probably looked like the one shown below. I don't know what brand it is, but it looks like it'll work quite well for Big Blue.

cab-storage-organizer.jpg.dcab6b41f2da5d9943df30e5b8193e89.jpg

Oh, here...posted previously by Mr. Jim, iirc.

https://www.americanvan.com/pick-up-truck-backwall-storage-system.html

Thanks, Cory. That one's a bit different, but may be the closest we are going to get for a comparison.

Personally I like the idea of the plastic version as I think it'll be quieter/less noisy. And, it seems safer when running electrical wiring, although they should still be well protected.

Anyway, that helps. Thanks.

Thanks, Cory. That one's a bit different, but may be the closest we are going to get for a comparison.

Personally I like the idea of the plastic version as I think it'll be quieter/less noisy. And, it seems safer when running electrical wiring, although they should still be well protected.

Anyway, that helps. Thanks.

Hey Gary - that is the DeeZee one although pretty sure it was also sold by others like JC Whitney.

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/deezee-cab-organizer-brochure.html

There was one in an jy truck not long ago but was all warped from overloading. If I recall correctly the back was a multi piece panel setup that snapped together and no longer stayed together (again, likely from overloading/abuse).

In good condition though, the config looked like it would work well and be handy. You might have to get creative with keeping everything in place though when you go offroad :nabble_smiley_happy:

Hey Gary - that is the DeeZee one although pretty sure it was also sold by others like JC Whitney.

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/deezee-cab-organizer-brochure.html

There was one in an jy truck not long ago but was all warped from overloading. If I recall correctly the back was a multi piece panel setup that snapped together and no longer stayed together (again, likely from overloading/abuse).

In good condition though, the config looked like it would work well and be handy. You might have to get creative with keeping everything in place though when you go offroad :nabble_smiley_happy:

Scott - Yep, that's the one! I'd forgotten about that brochure. Thanks!

I did some Googling and found that Amazon apparently had it, and there's a picture of it. But there's no price and no availability.

So I called DeeZee and they quit making them 5 years ago. And the young lady I spoke to had no idea what they sold for new. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Scott - Yep, that's the one! I'd forgotten about that brochure. Thanks!

I did some Googling and found that Amazon apparently had it, and there's a picture of it. But there's no price and no availability.

So I called DeeZee and they quit making them 5 years ago. And the young lady I spoke to had no idea what they sold for new. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Am a big fan of classic DeeZee stuff and if loaded correctly I would think it would last forever. Sun damage would be significantly limited back there also.

Am a big fan of classic DeeZee stuff and if loaded correctly I would think it would last forever. Sun damage would be significantly limited back there also.

Scott - I agree on all points. And, thanks for this link, which gets the price history shown below. I think that answers the question. Looks to me like it must have been selling at about $85 when they discontinued it in '15. Then it went to in the 90's as the supplies dried up, and now the ones that turn up are around $110. Is that the way you read it?

DeeZee_Unit_Pricing_History.thumb.jpg.853c2abbc25f67be6d2ec6f12d0503d5.jpg