Bullnose Forums

New member, '81 F250. 5.8 With Brake Master Question

hwy61

Just entered the Bullnose world and I'm enjoying it. Got the non runner to run, now I need it to stop! Here's a picture of the master that came off. Can't find one like it. Truck is new to me so I'm not sure this was the right one to begin with. Any clarification would be a big help. Thanks!

image1.jpeg.c5bfe567e937ecd58322ca8b80f0c39b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1148.jpeg.49980bce532c03bf2d0756d67ad43e4e.jpeg

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Where's home? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you if we have a city or zip.

On the master cylinder, that looks like the right one. I'd recommend that you go to Rock Auto's site and see about getting one from them. This link should take you right to the master cylinder's for your truck. I hope.

Where's home? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you if we have a city or zip.

On the master cylinder, that looks like the right one. I'd recommend that you go to Rock Auto's site and see about getting one from them. This link should take you right to the master cylinder's for your truck. I hope.

Welcome!

Agree with Gary - looks right. Your local auto parts should have one on hand also. Last time I did it the core was $5.

Curious -does yours say Made In USA on it?

The orientation of the front/back are different on the one I removed(it was leaking) Just trying to get the front/back correct...It's a remfg... I'm in NM!

I'm going with original and I'm guessing it'll be right.

By "original", do you mean what one of the parts stores has? Or, do you mean buy one with the right part number? You can get the part number here: Documentation/Driveline/Brakes and then the Master Cyl's & Boosters tab.

By "original", do you mean what one of the parts stores has? Or, do you mean buy one with the right part number? You can get the part number here: Documentation/Driveline/Brakes and then the Master Cyl's & Boosters tab.

I'm going to go with the one that is available at the parts store(though I'll try and take a part number from the list)...I checked a few different stores and they all came up with the unit with reversed reservoirs from mine. Large will go to front small to back and hopefully all will be right with the world!