Bullnose Forums

So, there was a factory dual snorkle air cleaner for trucks with 5.8L H.O.???

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting! I sent the seller this message:

New message to: teamshelley2016

I'm sort of an historian for the 1980 - 86 Ford trucks. In fact, I have a website about them: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com.

I've never seen a dual-snorkel air cleaner on them so am intrigued. Are there any part numbers on the base or the snorkels? If you don't know where to look I can look at mine to see if I can find where the #'s are.

Thanks in advance,

Gary

As shown on Fuel Systems/Air Cleaner Housing #'s there were three housings for the 351-4/B:

• 1984-87 E4TZ 9600-P

• 1985-86 E5TZ 9600-E

• 1985-86 E5TZ 9600-H with was replaced by E7TZ 9600-J

So if one of those was a dual-snorkel then it was either for the 1984 - 87 range or the 1985 - 86 range.

I had an acquaintance that had an '85 Bronco, with the 351HO . .he had that air cleaner.

I had an acquaintance that had an '85 Bronco, with the 351HO . .he had that air cleaner.

The guy that has that one for sale emailed me that he will be happy to check for part numbers, but can't until Tuesday. Meanwhile I'm going to look mine over and find out where the numbers are, if they are there, and let him know to make his hunt easier.

The guy that has that one for sale emailed me that he will be happy to check for part numbers, but can't until Tuesday. Meanwhile I'm going to look mine over and find out where the numbers are, if they are there, and let him know to make his hunt easier.

If it never really came on the trucks, I wonder if it was the air cleaner the '85 Police Interceptors used? They were available with a 351W I believe.

If it never really came on the trucks, I wonder if it was the air cleaner the '85 Police Interceptors used? They were available with a 351W I believe.

The guy said he doesn't know the source, but he had it on his truck. I hope we find out. I've never seen one on these trucks, but that doesn't mean there wasn't one.

That is nothing but a stock 1983-1984 Ford MUSTANG 5.0L H.O. air cleaner base with a 5.8L H.O. lid. (The 1985 air cleaner did not have the hole or the purple sensor and the snorkel vacuum motors where slightly different.) And the snorkels aren't any more far apart than stock; it just looks that way because the snorkels are not attached.

The 5.8L H.O. never did have the dual snorkel air cleaner, and neither did the 460.

That is nothing but a stock 1983-1984 Ford MUSTANG 5.0L H.O. air cleaner base with a 5.8L H.O. lid. (The 1985 air cleaner did not have the hole or the purple sensor and the snorkel vacuum motors where slightly different.) And the snorkels aren't any more far apart than stock; it just looks that way because the snorkels are not attached.

The 5.8L H.O. never did have the dual snorkel air cleaner, and neither did the 460.

The dual snorkel was used '82-'85. '82 was slightly smaller, '83-'85 was the same. I still think there's a chance it was a Police Interceptor which did use a 351W in '85.