Bullnose Forums

Need slip yoke help

Jacob84

Gary- Thank you sir, don’t know how I missed that. As my dad says jokingly “buy you books, buy you books, send you to school, now look at you”. Hopefully next time I’ll be able to manage it by myself😂

Rembrant- that seems to be correct, what’s curious to me is that I can’t find that bushing aftermarket. Only NOS or used. Maybe that bushing was used in a different application like a 2wd transmission tail housing. Currently on the search. I’ve always had a small vibration but once I lifted the truck it went downhill very quickly.

My father was wont to say "Buy you books and buy you books, and you eat the covers off."

Anyway, glad it helped. Good luck!

Rembrant- that seems to be correct, what’s curious to me is that I can’t find that bushing aftermarket. Only NOS or used. Maybe that bushing was used in a different application like a 2wd transmission tail housing. Currently on the search. I’ve always had a small vibration but once I lifted the truck it went downhill very quickly.

I took my driveshaft to a driveline shop earlier this year to have the balance checked. Not only did they find it out of balance they said it was also bent. No idea how that happened...it looked fine. Anyway they straightened it and rebalanced and it make a big difference in reducing my driveline vibration.