Bullnose Forums

Junkyard XLS Carmel flareside

• 2 weeks later...

Very restorable truck. Someone should grab it.

Wonder if Gary could get a look-see if it has the stock license plate bracket.......

Notice, ..... the tailgate has the infamous "tailgate dents" on the right and left vertical bars....

Do you know how they get there? Hint, the original owners do this the first time they open the gate!

:nabble_smiley_angry: :nabble_anim_crazy: :nabble_smiley_oh_no: :nabble_smiley_oh: :nabble_smiley_cry:

Wonder if Gary could get a look-see if it has the stock license plate bracket.......

Notice, ..... the tailgate has the infamous "tailgate dents" on the right and left vertical bars....

Do you know how they get there? Hint, the original owners do this the first time they open the gate!

:nabble_smiley_angry: :nabble_anim_crazy: :nabble_smiley_oh_no: :nabble_smiley_oh: :nabble_smiley_cry:

Hey Reamer,

I have a stock plate bracket. Do you need one for a template or something? Mine is a little crusty, but it is intact.

Hey Reamer,

I have a stock plate bracket. Do you need one for a template or something? Mine is a little crusty, but it is intact.

A template is what I need, I have one installed on mine, but if yours is sitting "on a shelf" That would be easier, and since the April 16 trip to NS is still possible......

A template is what I need, I have one installed on mine, but if yours is sitting "on a shelf" That would be easier, and since the April 16 trip to NS is still possible......

OK, I'll pop it off tonight and have a look. It is installed on the truck but the truck isn't moving for months yet, and I didn't have my plate on the bracket anyway...lol.

Reamer,

Here's what my factory 1984 plate bracket looks like. It's a bit crusty, but it's all still intact so for measurements and angles and such it should be fine. I had to cut the two mounting screw heads off.

The two screws for the plate itself are seized in there...which is why I wasn't using it.

I was going to take it to a sheet metal shop and have it copied for myself, but if you're going to do them you're more than welcome to use this one as a template.

IMG_4275_(Small).jpg.47fced962d29099a69a11db61018d293.jpg

IMG_4276_(Small).jpg.5fc5b8e248a9bd20c2cab9e3ddf2cf72.jpg

IMG_4277_(Small).jpg.6f8db7f47a0c6b4d9490bb4caad1ff97.jpg

IMG_4278_(Small).jpg.847076c6cadc89574a55c660c14ca4fc.jpg

IMG_4279_(Small).jpg.d049497f8569b1020bb128994a31100f.jpg

Reamer,

Here's what my factory 1984 plate bracket looks like. It's a bit crusty, but it's all still intact so for measurements and angles and such it should be fine. I had to cut the two mounting screw heads off.

The two screws for the plate itself are seized in there...which is why I wasn't using it.

I was going to take it to a sheet metal shop and have it copied for myself, but if you're going to do them you're more than welcome to use this one as a template.

Great Photos!

Let's see what I can come up with.